Skip to main content

Outpouring of love

Can I just tell you guys that I feel like I am one of the most loved people in the whole wide world? Seriously. Yes, this whole fixing the mess of our renters process is stressful, and not something I would wish on anyone, especially all the way across the country, but it is manageable, especially with such an incredible support system. It makes me want to fly back to Utah right now and give everyone hugs and take you all out to dinner.

I found out our amazing friends Christine and Kelly came over with their families Friday night to clean up the yard as best they could- probably in the dark as well. Then when Adam went over in the morning, it wasn't too bad- so when my family showed up an hour later all they had to do was mow the lawn and then they started cleaning inside. Then when our professional cleaners showed up they just had some windows and a bathroom to clean. And Jenn, always coordinating everything some amazing with the keys and letting people in and out, like you don't have your own family to take care of.

As my mom told me- When she said thank you to anyone that helped they all replied that Brooke and Eric would have done the same for us. She then told us, you have some life long friends here (in Provo), which is something your renters never will have. I then started crying because it is so true.

We are still tallying the items they took, (adding a push broom, and pantry that was in the kitchen) and trying with our best means to track the renters down, (we think they might be in Orem??!!) but at least the house is CLEAN again and rentable, and it wasn't too expensive to get that way because of all of you! Although we still need some painting done. (I loved the colors and paint we had on the walls, but of couse the renters took our extra paint as well, what they wanted it for I have no idea, so we can't match it at Home Depot anymore. But maybe I'll like the new color better, right? Anyone up for some painting?)

Again, thanks for the love and prayers, we definitely feel them and they are truly needed.

Comments

haley said…
We're really good at painting. Seriously.
Anonymous said…
Brooke that is just so sickening!! I am so sorry you are dealing with this, but I am so happy that you have been getting some help from some great friends! My mom is looking for somewhere, I have no idea how many rooms you have or what the price is but if you want to email me I could see if it would work for her.
Petersen Palace said…
the paint looks great!
Criscell said…
Oh Brooke! I'm SO sorry to hear about this! What an awful thing to go through! You poor thing. I hope you can find some GOOD renters soon!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....