Skip to main content

The Zoo.

We really do work I promise. Our lives really do include earning money and cleaning the house, those are just boring things to post about. (Although my landlords don't think I ever clean, I mean there is food on the floor in the kitchen underneath Jack's high chair when they drop by unannounced. Yes, it's true I do not sweep after every meal, that would make me crazy. Seriously, do you? But that's another post for another day.)

With all the free library passes available to us, we love that we have so many free things to always do. So this morning Eric asked if we could go to an aquarium today before he went to work at 1 or 2. Since the closest free aquarium with the library pass was 1.5 hours away we decided to stick with the animal theme and go to the Forest Park Zoo. We reserved the pass online, went and picked it up, played at the zoo and were back at the house in two hours. It was delightful.

Here are some highlights.


This is a real live cougar. They had some great variety here although it was a pretty small zoo.




Yes that is a red sox shirt. It was given to us. Don't judge. We don't even watch sports.

The sign says I may bite.

And just so you snow crazy Utah people can know it was 91 degree outside today. Yes. It felt like the middle of summer. In April. And I didn't believe the sign outside that posted the 91 degrees, Eric had to verify it on google when we got back home. But 91 degrees, yikes! However that is the fabulous part about New England- one day it's a downpour, the next a heatstroke, and the next you could have a hail storm. It really helps you not get too sick of any one type of weather, and to get you out of the house when the weather is great.

Comments

Anna said…
So glad you guys are finding so many fun things to do! We still wish you were here. I made a list of couples to invite to a couples baby shower and we were sad you wouldn't be able to come. We definitely miss hanging out.

But yay for 91 degree weather in MA!
Mandi said…
Ummm, pretty much there's always dried on food under Scott's chair. Just so you know. I feel really good about myself if I sweep and vacuum every other day--but that usually doesn't happen. And I don't even have a baby to take care of!

You guys look like you're having the time of your life! It looks so beautiful there...*sigh* One day our snow will melt.
I really didn't believe you that it was 91 degrees yesterday, but WGGB's website confirmed it. How was the humidity? I was going to say, "Wow! It looks pretty warm there. Barefoot baby?" It is FREEZING here! Well, today it's supposed to be 61 degrees, but yesterday was only in the 40's. I don't think we've even hit 70 yet this spring! And it has snowed almost every day in April. Not complaining, just saying...
Maxmomma said…
What a fun time! I LOVE this pic of your family in front of the zoo- it may be my favorite yet. It is very sweet.
Jelous! Although Denver was 65 and we were loving the weather. I am so glad you read BabyWIse.Was is it hard to implement? Does it really work?
That looks so fun! We got about six inches of snow a couple days ago--thankfully the sun came out today and melted most of it. And FYI there are ALWAYS crumbs on my floor. Even when I do sweep somehow they magically appear within five minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....