Skip to main content

April Fools Day!

Random picture of Jack in the tub.

What a great day this has been today. First, after raining for three days straight, and I mean three days straight with no break and it coming in a downpour, today was SOOO SUNNY and GORGEOUS and WONDERFUL! (Sadly, our friends Guinevere and Clark's house flooded from the all the rain, so I'm not overexaggerating the crazy rain situation.)

But it was glorious to be outside today!

Second- We went to Little Ones Lapsit at the library today. I love library programs, especially that they are free and very educational. We finally got registered before it filled up, and had a blast with bubbles and duck books, and singing. Jack is also learning how to "sing" (more like shout right now) by himself, and we'll have to get it on video for you to experience. It's a hoot.

Third we had the missionaries over for our April Fools Dinner tonight. It was really fun to have them over. This year I made meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting colored pink with food coloring. And jello drinks and little salads with a bunny in the middle, or something that resembled a bunny. We also gave them Lucky Charms to eat, because who doesn't love Lucky Charms? I love missionaries- and not just because I have a brother in France on a mission!



Love Elder Medford and Elder Fawlke. Elder Medford got here to Mass the same time we did, went into the MTC the same day my brother Matt did, is a music major, and sings in my choir, so we're going to miss him when he leaves.

Fourth- ERIC GOT A JOB!!! No this is not an April Fools joke, he did indeed receive a job offer today which he accepted and he'll start training tomorrow. He has been substitute teaching for the last few months, but this is an actual job with experience in his field. It will be at Six Flags as one of the three supervisor/managers they have over their huge employee base. Hooray for a free season pass to Six Flags, and more reason for all of you to come out and visit us here! But mostly, hooray for a job! And a job to give him experience in his field.

Happy happy April Fools Day to you all, I hope yours was as great as ours! :)

Comments

Hooray! A job! At Six Flags! Yippee! Are they paying him, too? I REALLY hope this is NOT an April Fool's joke. Jonathan and Micah LOVED the pictures of your April Fool's dinner. We had fettucine for ours :( Not very creative. And boring, says Jonathan. And Micah says they are one Spring Break!
AND Avey looks like a boy in those clothes. Do I need to send some more girl clothes?????????
*Aliese* said…
Holy smokes! Six Flags?!? That's so awesome. I would love to work there.
I love the April fools dinner. And congratulations on the job! I am so excited for you guys! Having a job in his field is great--I know that has made a big difference for Jacob.
Kristi said…
WOOOHOOOOOOOO! Congrats on the job and you are so fun to make such an awesome dinner! I love six flags, very very much. Almost enough to overcome my fear of flying so I can come visit you!
Unknown said…
Congrats!!!! That's totally awesome. He deserves it. Good luck!
Brooke said…
Oh mom you're funny. She was wearing a really cute pink shirt to match with her pants earlier and then spit up so much it had to be changed, and that was the closest shirt to match with her pants. I know she does look like a boy, and she had a flower in her hair earlier, but I just didn't want to change her WHOLE outfit. And we are doing great with clothes. I'll try to be a better mother dressing my child in to actually look like a girl... :)
Mandi said…
Hooray!!! Congratulations on the job front! Can't wait to see Jack's "singing"--it sounds hilarious. :)
Yeah for answere prayers! So glad to hear that. Tyson would go crazy over six flags
Congratulations for the job!! We've fasting and praying hard for you. You'll do a great job, just remember: no riding the rides while you're working.

About the missionary dinner: Grandma Jo will be so proud. You kept the tradition alive.
Maxmomma said…
HOORAY FOR THE JOB!!!! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!

And darling April Fool's food- one day I will be as cool as you :).]

Miss and love you and so happy for your good news!!!!
Anna said…
Congrats on the job front! If I weren't having a baby, switching to part time at work, buying health insurance on the free market, and generally nervous about money I would come visit and ride some rollercoasters. I LOVE them.

Mostly I'm just happy for you guys--a job, in Eric's field! Wahoo!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....