Skip to main content

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here.

Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.)
Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought.

All-in-all I got:
  • 17 boxes of cereal
  • 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V
  • 3 packages of Pampers Diapers
  • 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes
  • 3 Bisquick mixes
  • 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends)
  • 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each)
  • 2 things of Tide (64 loads each)
  • 3 BC pre-made frosting
  • 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries
  • 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels
  • 2 boxes of Gushers
  • 2 boxes Gogurt
  • 2 packages butter
  • 1 Malt O meal cereal
  • 1 32 oz block of cheese
Total without coupons: $233.66
Total I spent: $73.35
Total savings: $180.31

Rock on! - I got 49 items for $73.35 that's $1.50 per item!! That includes stuff like Tide, cheese, diapers, and a giant pack of paper towels. Plus: I get $20 more I can spend at Albertsons anytime before January 21st.

How it worked:

Below is just one of my five receipts (open it up in a separate window to see all the items). Why five receipts you ask? Because I wanted to use the 3 $5 catalina coupons that printed after each transaction on my next transaction. Clear as mud? Ok. I'll break down this receipt. If you notice from the top under grocery it says I got 10 boxes of cereal at $2 each on sale and a roll of Bounty Paper towels for $10 on sale. $30 total. That $30 total is important, because in order for the 3 $5 off catalinas to print off you have to reach $30 of qualifying purchases before taxes. However as you can see I used 3 $5 coupons under the Miscellaneous section- those were the ones that printed from my previous transaction, that I was using right here, right now. And then I entered my other coupons. So the total was $65.77 before coupons and sales, but I paid $9.48.


Fun, and Fun! I do have some coupons that expire tomorrow that could be used in this sale if you wanted them. Some for Progresso Soups, BC Potatoes, Hamburger Helper $1.00 off 3, Chex mix, or Chex 100 calorie snacks .60 off, BC Brownie Mixes save .50 on two. I also have a bunch in a file folder that will expire later this month I'm not going to be using, if you wanted to come to my house, check them out, and have them for this sale- that's totally fine. I am done with this sale for now. First come first serve.

Oh...
and if you're thinking this is hurting my head too much to do all of this, try small; at least check out the diapers. If you buy 3 packs of Pampers Diapers for $10 each on sale, you get the 3 $5 coupons that print off, and another $5 coupon for a future baby purchase, so it's like 3 packs of Pampers diapers for $10!

Happy saleing and couponing!

I think I'll go have some Gusher Fruit Snacks after my hard work.
See my other post back in November when I did the same thing.

Comments

Seriously, I wish we still lived across the street from you! You're incredible!
*Aliese* said…
This is impressive, Brooke. I'm hoping that I gain some motivation so I I can be as coupon-savvy as you! It's more difficult here though (I really only have an Albertson's unless I wanna drive 30 minutes).
Andrea said…
this is awesome! I need to call you, but for now, let me clarify ; I need to have pre-cut coupons from the paper to get these deals, right? I don't get the paper, but in the future my Mother in law offers me her coupons, so i could do that, right? I just hope that you keep posting these great sales and breaking it down for people like me...amateurs. thanks!
Heather said…
I'm so impressed by your savvy shopping skills!!! I feel good if I use one coupon a month... I guess I could take some lessons from you on this. Great job!!
Unknown said…
Wow Brooke! I think I'll be doing my grocery shopping at Albertsons rather than Smith's this week! You're just the best friend ever! Thanks!
Maxmomma said…
I am SO impressed!!!!! And simultaneously disgusted at how much I pay for groceries!!!! That's it, I am going to do some coupon hunting.

Seriously, way to go Brooke! You are making bank with your t-home job of coupon hunter!
Maxmomma said…
*That was supposed to say "at-home job"
Brooke said…
Most of the coupons i used i printed off andrea, you can do that too!
Becca said…
Wow, Brooke. You're amazing. You know that you've inspired mom, too, right? She's gone absolutely coupon crazy.
The Spanns said…
Wow! I wandered on to your blog from Amy's :) I am totally impressed... and motivated! I might be asking you questions... I am planning a trip to Albertsons!
Michelle said…
I am so impressed by your use of sales and coupons. I found your blog through Amy Clark (I'm her sister-in-law Michelle) and I'm super amazed at what you did. Now I only wish I lived near an Albertson's so I could reap the benefits of this sale. I live in Iowa and our major store is HyVee. You have inspired me to shop smarter.
Amy said…
"Really cute almost seven-month-old red-headed babies: now only the price of your time 24/7." I heart Jack in the middle of the groceries - such a cute picture. And you're amazing, as usual...;)
Anonymous said…
Holey Moley! THose are some great savings! Our Relief society is having a class on couponing--they should hire you to teach it.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...