Skip to main content

Nevada and Cali withdrawls

Getting back in the grind of not just life, but the cold winter here in Provo, UT. (O.k. so our winter isn't that bad this year- but when you come from solid 70 degree PEFECT weather for a week- it takes a lot of adjusting back. I have never wanted to live in California until this moment.)
.
Our trip was amazing! We started out visiting our friends Forrest and Kaarina in Nevada. We got in late Thursday night then we went to two chocolate factorys in the morning while our friends went to work (the Ethel M factory and the M&M factory). When they got home we used a restaurant.com gift certificate for all of us to go out to the Pumi restaurant, a chinese/korean/japanese place- and I tried Sushi for the first time. (Completely forgot I was nursing at that point, don't worry I only had one bite- but Jack spit up 8 times that night before he went to bed, probably to rid his system of it.)
Saturday Eric and Forrest played Ultimate Frisbee for an hour, and I went running outside without a sweatshirt or coat- just a t-shirt! (SOO FUN!!! And with it being lower elevation I felt like I was in much better shape than I actually am!) We had a delicious crepe breakfast- (Thanks for making it for us Forrest and Kaarina- wink wink.) and then we were on the road to LA for the next part of our trip.

Picture break up point! (I just realized how incredibly vain we are- we didn't even get one picture of Forrest and Kaarina! Sorry guys- we really do love you! We especially love your house and wish we had gotten pictures to share with others.)

On the road, almost to Nevada! (Jack did fantastically on the trip, mostly sleeping, and he even took a bottle 3 times. Happiness, so we didn't have to stop for me to nurse him!)


The Factory and Cactus garden sign.


Jack's new foot and sock fettish. (He's now constantly pulling off his socks and chewing on them.)

The Cactus garden, cooler than you would think actually.


Daddy and Jack and the blue M&M


The M&M 3-D movie. A cute little show, 3-D makes my head hurt watching it though.


Crazy amounts of M&M's- it's a rainbow!


And the other side of the rainbow.


The strip, with almost no cars behind me, that's unusual!


And all of us on the strip. (What you see here is all we visited on the strip this trip- last year was when we visited all the cool Vegas places- like the Bellagio, and the indoor gardens, etc. We just missed the M&M factory last year.)

California!

We ended up in Torrance at about 4:30 Saturday evening. I took off my socks and shoes as soon as we got there, and didn't put them on again unless absolutely necessary for the rest of the trip. (Not even to go outside, it was seriously glorious!) Jonas' birthday was that night, and so we had a blast eating pizza for dinner, and having him (with Max helping) open presents and eat his first cake. Then Sunday we went to church and met the awesome members of Glen and Kristen's ward. After that, we took a sack lunch to an overlook of the beach (it was 2 minutes from their house) and ate it, and then came home for a few more relaxing hours before dinner. After that we went to the Wayfarers Chapel designed by the architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Here are some pictures of the beautiful drive and chapel.

Doesn't this look like it's from a postcard?


Eric being silly.


The chapel as it's getting darker.


Handsome husband with a stunning sunset behind him.

Fun family picture

An artistic picture that took awhile for Eric to get after he conceptualized it. Very fun though.

Well I don't have access to all of my pictures right now, so this is part 1 of 2 I guess. The Sony tour and beach is next up on the trip, so stay tuned! (And I know we took pictures of the Harmons, so I'll have to ask Eric where those are when he gets home. Or if we just dumped them on their computer, I might need Kristen to email them to me if you could!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks like a fun trip- I bet that warm weather was refreshing! I am just about ready for spring... too bad it's snowing right now.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....