Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

Happy Christmas and holidays to all! It's such a blessing to be surrounded by people I love and that love me. I was talking to a friend about moving out of state once Eric goes to grad school and about us possibly not coming back to Utah, and she said have you thought it through? Have you thought of all the family and friends you would miss, and all the parties and Sunday family get togethers and everything? I had thought of that, but I also realized Eric and I need to live on our own for awhile- I think we'll just take it one step at a time and see where that leads us. But with that said I have had such a wonderfully fantastic time with my friends and family the last few days it has really made this Christmas so memorable. Eric had to work Christmas Eve, but after getting off early we went to a dinner and program at my grandparents' home. The program was better than expected, and the dinner was fantastic. Then we went to my parents house and wrapped presents and went to bed at the reasonable hour of midnight. Christmas morning dawned and we started the latest christmas has ever started for me at 8:30! With my youngest brother being 5 now the waking up and waiting for 7 doesn't happen quite so much anymore. Jonathan was very patient with us. (Although my dad always turned all the clocks back so really it was 8 anyway, but it seems a lot later when your clock shows 8 even if it really is 8 and shows 7.) We opened presents and everything went well except for Eric knowing about his main major present a hang board thing for rock climbing. But he also got a remote controlled helicopter, some movies, a cool MC Escher calendar, a dremel, and a USB video game controller. I got a clear play DVD player and some other really practical gifts- which was the best gift of all because Eric doesn't believe in giving practical gifts, so this is the first of practical gifts he has given me! (And he and "Santa" brought me the clearplay- that is also not something you would think he would instigate!) My family got a Wii, and Kristen Eric's sister also got a Wii- so that's close enough to Eric getting a Wii himself. Well jk about that last part, but he has had so much fun playing it.

We have really just been hanging out, resting, relaxing and have a grand old time playing Quiddler, DDR, watching movies, and talking to friends and family. Eric and I also read the Christmas story from the bible and sung christmas hymns on parts that went along with it. It was so beautiful, and having a baby here with me this year helped me connect more with Mary and Joseph than I ever had before. As Thomas S. Monson said it's not the Christmas spirit that makes Christmas so great- it's the Christ spirit- and that is where all our joy and happiness comes.

Merry Christmas! I love you all!

P.S. Jack celebrated his half birthday last week, and he cut two teeth in commemoration of the big event. But don't worry I didn't even know he was teething until the teeth were already cut through and i felt them on my finger one day. Now nursing is a little more interesting, but don't worry he hasn't bit me for at least a day, so I think he's learning how to not use me as a teething instrument. More pictures to follow when I return from our mini-WJ vacation. Ta ta!

We ha

Comments

Steve Weller said…
Wow, Brooke and Erik--your baby is so cute! Our Josh has two teeth as well, and more might be on the way soon! Hope all is well with you guys, and that you have a happy new year!
Amy said…
If you want to know the truth, I would be so sad if you moved away. How am I supposed to be a proper spoiling aunt if my nephews live far away?
Amy said…
P.S. And of COURSE I'd miss you and Eric, too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....