Skip to main content

First shiner


So here is the result of Jack's first fight. He headbutted Sister Smith at church on Sunday. The only thing he didn't realize was her forehead was a lot harder than his eye. (O.k. so he merely wasn't in control of his muscles, and convulsed forward at the exact same moment as she was reaching for him.) It looks a lot better now, but all last week I had strangers keep coming up to me and asking me if my son was o.k. and what happened and telling me they could probably be a better parent and that I obviously wasn't. (o.k. they didn't say that- but they gave that look!) I hope you enjoy the progression of the shiner however.





Jack is getting so big! He is almost rolling over- but reaches behind his head and scoots to get things in a small circumference around him. He is also eating not just rice cereal- but barley and green beans. (He pretty much hates green beans- we've tried them for 3 days now. Tomorrow we'll try peas.) Thanks Mandi for the 12 baby spoons for $1 at dollar tree- and Jessica for the barley and rice cereal as her twins won't eat those kinds of cereal.

One quick deal. Tomorrow, Wednesday, everyone gets in for free at the Utah Hogle Zoo. So go if you haven't been there in awhile, and you're still in town. Or if you are coming in town tomorrow and don't have something to do- check it out. It's a good place.

Happy thanksgiving to all of you! I will do a thankful post later- but really I am thankful for all of you that are my friends and family. The people that surround me in my life are at the tip top of my thankful list, and what keeps me up and loving life!

Comments

*Aliese* said…
Man, if Jack's that messed up, I'd hate to see Sister Smith! LoL And can I just say you're not a bad parent? I'm definitely one of those people who believe if children have bumps and bruises (not inflicted by their family of course), they're actually learning about life much quicker than the kids who don't! Way to let him be a kid! :)
Anonymous said…
That's quite the black eye for a little guy! Sometimes the comments that well meaning strangers make crack me up. I remember when Dessie was a baby and I wasn't wearing my wedding ring one day, some strangers came up to me--thinking Jacob and I were high school students I'm pretty sure-- and said in a very condescending tone, "Having a baby will sure change your life won't it."
Hey I found your blog off of the Eliasons. Hope that is ok. That is so sad, but Jack is still a cutie!! I loved your blog about food storage. I am trying to do better at that!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....