For the first 4 hours of our christmas morning read this.
After getting to my postpartum room Eric went home to be there when the kids woke up, feed them breakfast and come to the hospital to meet their new little sister. (And let Emily get back to her family for christmas morning.)
This guy is amazing! He's running on 2 hours of sleep here.
I know this picture is blurry, but it's the very first picture we have of Avey holding the baby, and I love the sheer joy coming from her.
We brought a basket of presents from Santa to open at the hospital because even with a new baby sister it's still hard to wait until later for presents. Jack showing off his poke ball and sonic toy.
Avey got another princess sticker book, and prince and princess barbies.
Eric trying to get any sleep he possibly can.
I love this picture because you can see her red hair really well and it looks like Eric is happily strangling her. :)
Eric took the kids home after about an hour and a half at the hospital, and had the kids watch a movie while he tried to sleep some more, then got the kids lunch and everyone took a long nap. When they all woke up he brought the kids to our friend's the Xanthos' and they had the rest of christmas day and christmas dinner there. We have the best friends ever, seriously to take our kids on christmas morning and christmas day. Pyeatt's and Xanthos' you guys are the BEST!
More darling hospital pictures.
I still am in love with all this hair!
Christmas dinner, teriyaki salmon with veggies.
I can't sleep for longer than 10 or 15 minutes at a time in hospitals for some reason (same thing happened with Jack and Avey) so I asked to go home early before the end of the night. I was feeling much better recovery wise than with Jack or Avey. The hospital wasn't thrilled but they let me go at 8 PM.
Posing in our going home outfits.
Because it was christmas day and the hospital wasn't too busy they kept sending my nurses home to be with family. I had 5 different nurses in the 14 hours I was there.
The next morning we opened all the rest of our presents. Can I just say we were SO SPOILED by all the presents we received from our families. We are so loved. We even had the french toast bake in the morning we were supposed to have christmas morning, it was still yummy one day late.
Loving these books and kid e reader from Kristen and Heidi, it helps cut down on my mom guilt that I haven't had as much time to read to the kids but they are still getting "read" to. :)
Jack adores his newest little sister. He asked today when we get to have another new little baby come to our house. Is 2 weeks not new enough for you?!?
This will definitely be a super memorable christmas for us!






Comments