Skip to main content

December in one post



This was our cute toddler music class (minus Scott and Caleb) on its last day. This class was so much fun, and I think I'm finally figuring out some important things about teaching toddlers music. Like emailing the songs to the mom's the week BEFORE class, so they can get familiar with the music before they show up. I will miss these cute kids and their moms. Thanks for a great time!

We went to our ward christmas breakfast. (Which by the way is the most awesome idea.) Avey wasn't scared or upset with Santa, but she also didn't really care she was on his lap.

Jack on the other hand was SOOO happy to be on his lap, and couldn't wait to tell Santa he wanted a caterpillar for christmas. Just a toy one he had seen in a store, and he still wanted it a month later.

Then we sent Eric off to Portland to work for 2 weeks and find housing while we finished packing up and celebrating the christmas season back in Utah.

We went to the Christmas Symphony concert at Abravenal Hall with Eric's family. It was marvelous! I love good music being played and sung well. It fills my heart.

Amy also came along so I could have an extra hand with the kiddos. And she took Eric's extra ticket since he was gone. I also was able to go to the Mo Tabs christmas concert with her, and it was STELLAR as well. Although those huge distracting teleprompters... :)

We went to a basketball game where Uncle Josh played a great game, and then I went to one by myself where Seth played. They won both their games, WJ is awesome in basketball this year!

We went to Uncle Jonathan's middle school choir concert one night, and then I rushed home put the kids down to then attend Uncle Seth's choir concert that same night.

The Madrigal's performing on good old WJ high's stage. I took the kids earlier to see an elementary performance by the madrigals since I knew their night concert would be too late for them. Mr. D added some fun songs and beautiful ones to their performance this year. I am still just as scared of Mr. D as I was before, but I finally wasn't chicken enough to go tell him he was the one that inspired me to go into music, and I love music because of him. (That was a big moment for me, and since this is my journal, I am writing it here to record it.)

Christmas Eve
Eric got back in Utah Christmas Adam (the day before Christmas Eve) and so we got to spend the whole Christmas Eve day with him. We went to my grandma and grandpa Barrus' annual big christmas party and they got to go swimming. (Eric took the kids himself so I could have a break.)
Eric loves teaching the kids how to swim, and by the end of this session Jack was swimming by himself with only his two floaties!

My cute mom and dad. My mom is going to love this picture posted of her. :)


We had the party at my aunt Brenda's condo gathering area, so that's her behind the couch. Becca by the way is putting one of the white elephant gifts on Seth's head. It's a massager thing, and just thinking of it puts tingles down my back.

Then on the actual christmas day I didn't get any pictures taken. I think I just wanted to enjoy the holiday without the burden of documenting it. It was wonderful sleeping over at my parent's house, waking up at 5 AM by my cute kids, trying to get them back to sleep without waking anyone else up and just kind of going in and out of sleep until 7. The good news is no one else was woken by my kids, so that made me happier. Then we did presents there and made breakfast and then we went to the Stevenson's and did more presents and went to church at 1 PM. We were spoiled and blessed, thanks for all the thoughtful and fun gifts!

It was our last Sunday in that ward, and bittersweet to say good bye to all our friends we had made over the past year. Avey was also pretty distraught about not having nursery, so we went into the nursery to say one last goodbye and play with the toys for a few minutes.

We then had a fabulous christmas dinner of chicken cordon bleu. Mmmm. And then we went to my parents house and did some christmas singing after the kids went to sleep. I love singing with my family, it's such a treat for my soul. (Was that that night, I can't remember, my moving brain is a little hazy on what things we actually did on what days.)

Then the next few days included packing and playing with friends and using up things expiring in Utah soon. Like this free family Hollywood Connection voucher with 20 tokens.

Eric and Jack playing the ski jump video game.

Oh, and free skating. Jack REALLY wanted to do the bumper cars, but was a little too young. Maybe next year!

We slept over at our friend Dave's house Wednesday night. We also went out to eat at the Pizza Pie Cafe, it was delish.

Take a good look at that couch Dave is sitting on, because we are its new owners! Dave so generously offered us this couch, and we didn't know if it would fit in our moving van, but after seeing we had plenty of room we went and got it and we feel SOOO blessed! I'm sitting on it right now, and if you come visit us you will also be blessed by the awesomeness of this couch- thanks Dave!!!!

Then we finished packing up boxes, and picked up our moving van and hired out my brothers and a few people in the ward to help us load things, and were done packing and moving stuff by that night, well mostly.

Friday was Eric's actual birthday, and it was spent getting the couch in Provo. (Thanks again Dave!) and a birthday/going away party that night with friends and family. Here are a few pictures of that cool event.









We really have the best family and friends out there. Thanks so much for coming all of you that made it, it was definitely a memorable night for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....