Everyday after naps and quiet time this week Jack has asked to do an "activity". This involves us going onto my pinterest page, to the kiderooskis section, and choosing an activity that looks fun that we have all the supplies for at home.
Here are a few of the "activities" we have done this week.
Shaving cream with toy figurines
They were a little hesitant to get their hands messy at first and kept wanting them wiped off, but then after I said I wasn't going to wipe them again until they were all finished they dug in and had a grand time for twenty minutes.The next day after our shaving cream success, I decided to go a little crazier and make cloud dough. (Flour and baby oil)
This was really fun as well, but REALLY messy for a 2 year old.
We won't be doing this activity again until I can have it outside and not worry about it getting ground into the carpet, and I won't spend the same amount of time cleaning it up as the kids did playing in it.
This is what I found after not hearing Jack move during quiet time this week. His head is on that wooden box by the way.
My sister Amy gave my kids these DARLING hats for christmas. They think they are so fun, and take the long orange arm things and say angry birds and try to hit each other with them. (Just like they say their uncle Seth do during a madrigals show.)
Aren't they so cute!?!?

We went to Applebees for dinner one night when I hadn't been able to be outside all week because of the rain, our friends had been sick, and I needed to get out of the house. Thanks for the gift card Brandon and Mandi!

Yay for the sampler platter! Avey and her mozzarella stick.

Jack has got a plate on his head...

The kids were actually pretty amazing, and Eric and I were both caught off guard by how well they did. Maybe we're growing out of the I can't take my kids to any restaurant phase because they turn into wild monkeys phase.

We then went to Trader Joes to see if they had soft serve ice-cream. It was a no go, but we did get some cheap bananas and the kids had a blast pushing their own carts around.

A week ago for our weekend outing we went to explore Tigard and use a giftcard we had to Yogurtland. The kids thought this was the best place ever, and Jack asks if we can go everyday now.
When we walked outside there was music playing in the plaza, and so Avey started dancing, and it was fantastic! I especially love her shoulder shrug arm dance move. Click on the play button to see it for yourself.


Comments