Sorry about not posting yesterday. There seems to be a 24 hour flu bug going around that Avey caught and gave to me and then I gave it to Jack. So yesterday my to do list didn't happen. But I am feeling better today, which I am VERY grateful for.


We started our Thanksgiving with visiting the DC Zoo. It was very empty and although cool, it wasn't too cold, and wasn't raining, so it was a great day to be there.










After the zoo we went back and the kids took naps while we helped prepare food for our Thanksgiving dinner. Eric made "butter" rolls, I made "butter" mashed potatoes, turkey was cooking in the oven, and Brenda made green beans, a sweet potato side dish, a yummy mandarin orange salad, and our pumpkin pie.






We ended the day by playing Quiddler and Bananagrams. Good thing no one at the table was super competitive because they helped me figure out words with my cards on several occasions or I would have probably been in the negative the whole game. It was a hoot nonetheless.
Here's a picture of our accommodations.
Brent and Brenda's lovely home.
Brent and Brenda's lovely home.
Here's Brenda with some friends on her bike.
(She's the center person wearing black)
She was active doing errands on her bike all week. It was fun to see.
(She's the center person wearing black)
She was active doing errands on her bike all week. It was fun to see.
We started our Thanksgiving with visiting the DC Zoo. It was very empty and although cool, it wasn't too cold, and wasn't raining, so it was a great day to be there.
Sea Otters. They were very active diving in and out of the water.
Avey showing off her standing skills.
This bird was in the amazon area.
It had the most unique bill shape I had ever seen.
And the feathers were pink.

Huge amazon aquarium.
We kept trying to get that turtle in the very center of us.
It had the most unique bill shape I had ever seen.
And the feathers were pink.
Huge amazon aquarium.
We kept trying to get that turtle in the very center of us.
I watched this orangutan walk over sit down in that pile of hay, pull the sheet over its back, put the hay over its legs and start eating that paper plate. It was darling.

The meerats were Jack's favorite.
You can tell from his expression in the second picture.
You can tell from his expression in the second picture.
The elephants were my favorite. This is a 52 year old Asian female elephant. She was tiny compared to most elephants I have seen, and had red hair on her back!
Walking back to our car after our animal adventures.
After the zoo we went back and the kids took naps while we helped prepare food for our Thanksgiving dinner. Eric made "butter" rolls, I made "butter" mashed potatoes, turkey was cooking in the oven, and Brenda made green beans, a sweet potato side dish, a yummy mandarin orange salad, and our pumpkin pie.
Here are the kids before the meal.
And here are the stuffed and happy adults after it.
After that we went to walk off some of the turkey weight at the Iwo Jima Memorial.
A view of the city at night all lit up.
We ended the day by playing Quiddler and Bananagrams. Good thing no one at the table was super competitive because they helped me figure out words with my cards on several occasions or I would have probably been in the negative the whole game. It was a hoot nonetheless.
Comments
Love, LOVE Jack's face at the meerats