We have had quite the week. Brooke left for Utah on Tuesday morning and I was going to leave on Thursday morning but I decided to surprise Brooke and left on Tuesday shortly after Brooke left on the plane. I ended up getting in on Thursday night while everyone thought I was going to be in on Saturday night.
It was quite a journey and I was blessed to get here safely. The car did make it, but only just barely. I pulled off the road three separate times not knowing if the car could continue, and each time said an extra prayer and felt the car lifted and was blessed to be able to continue. The upper gears gave out about 6 hours from Salt Lake- so I drove the last hours in 2nd gear going down Parley's Canyon and the hills of Wyoming. So anyone that tells you that miracles don't happen, have them come talk to me.
The highlight of my journey was that I was able to pass through my favorite town Scranton, PA. I ate my dinner in the Steamtown Mall, the location of one of the episodes of The Office. It was fun.
I, Brooke, was THRILLED when he walked through the door Thursday night since I wasn't expecting him until Saturday night. I was super confused at first trying to figure out how he was here since he told me he had left and started driving 14 hours earlier, but when he told me he had tricked me I was so happy because I was super worried and he was safe and the car had made it. (We wanted to keep it a surprise for certain people though, so that's why we haven't posted about it until now.)
Thanks again for all your prayers. I think that's pretty much what we have been living off for the last year and half.
It was quite a journey and I was blessed to get here safely. The car did make it, but only just barely. I pulled off the road three separate times not knowing if the car could continue, and each time said an extra prayer and felt the car lifted and was blessed to be able to continue. The upper gears gave out about 6 hours from Salt Lake- so I drove the last hours in 2nd gear going down Parley's Canyon and the hills of Wyoming. So anyone that tells you that miracles don't happen, have them come talk to me.
The highlight of my journey was that I was able to pass through my favorite town Scranton, PA. I ate my dinner in the Steamtown Mall, the location of one of the episodes of The Office. It was fun.
I, Brooke, was THRILLED when he walked through the door Thursday night since I wasn't expecting him until Saturday night. I was super confused at first trying to figure out how he was here since he told me he had left and started driving 14 hours earlier, but when he told me he had tricked me I was so happy because I was super worried and he was safe and the car had made it. (We wanted to keep it a surprise for certain people though, so that's why we haven't posted about it until now.)
Thanks again for all your prayers. I think that's pretty much what we have been living off for the last year and half.
Comments