Skip to main content

Tuna patties



I know Tuna is good for you, and great to have in your food storage. However, I only know really two recipes with it. Tuna noodle casserole and open faced cheese and tuna sandwiches. Really exciting I know. Yesterday I had to use up a whole bunch of potatoes, so I made mashed potatoes- and then I wanted to make tuna be my main meat item- but tuna noodle casserole and sandwiches don't go great with mashed potatoes.

I thought, I have heard of tuna steaks before- maybe I can make those. Come to find out tuna steaks are an actual meat you purchase at the store. But in learning about those I saw a recipe for tuna patties and decided to try them. They were super crazy easy to make and...



They tasted fantastic!

Eric gave it two thumbs up and said I could make them whenever I wanted. It definitely added a fresh taste to the standard tuna dish. And they worked great with mashed potatoes.

Love those spontaneous winners.

Do you have a tuna dish you love? I would love more recipes.

Comments

Heather said…
This is one of my favorite meals, though it might seem strange to everyone else. It's cream tuna on toast! You melt a couple of tablespoons of butter in a saucepan, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir it well and let it bubble, then pour ~2 cups of milk in slowly (stirring so it doesn't get clumpy). It'll thicken up. You add a drained can of tuna, salt, and pepper. Then eat it on top of ripped up toast. Yummy!
Heather said…
Oh... and my mom used to make us salmon patties out of canned salmon. Probably really similar to tuna patties and I always loved them when I was younger. I haven't had them for ages!
emiflute said…
my grandma used to make tuna patties for us. I love the tangy taste of it with the grilled effect right off the skillet. I have some canned salmon and I have been meaning to try salmon patties.
This is a great way to use up all of that canned meat in your pantry. I think I will have to also give Heather's tuna on toast recipe.
Have fun exploring the many options of canned tuna!
I am partial to "Seafood Pasta"--tuna noodle casserole fancied up with sauteed green peppers and onions. Mmmmmmmm..... And if you use bow-tie pasta or rainbow rotini it is pretty gourmet. Especially if you call it "Seafood Pasta"!
Brooke said…
Thanks for all these suggestions! Tuna trials here we come!
Alicia said…
My mom has a Tuna Broccoli and Rice dish that's she's made for ages. If you're interested in it, let me know and I'll type it up for you. :)
Brooke said…
I would love it! Send it my way!
Alicia said…
I'll send it to you on Facebook. Sorry I've been a slacker, look for a message from me today! :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....