This week was spring break for Eric's college. We had a lot of fun! Monday it was POURING rain all day, so after we picked up Eric at work we went to run some errands at the mall. (Rather than Eric going to class) That took longer than we anticipated, and we remembered we had a Cracker Barrel gift card from Amy and Josh for Eric's birthday so we decided to get our dinner there.
It was delicious! I got the sour dough french toast breakfast and Eric got the chicken fried steak dinner. MMMM! They had crayons and something for Jack to color, and a special chair for Avey's carseat. Jack could even eat the cornbread (no milk). We loved it, and Jack stole the hearts of all the workers and diners there. They all knew his name by the end of our feast. Thanks Amy and Josh!



Then on Tuesday the rain completely cleared up and it was a GORGEOUS day. (Actually the weather has been incredible ALL week since then.) After Eric finished teaching we went to Forest Park. It's kind of like the Central Park of Springfield. It's HUGE, and has so many things you can do. We went to feed the ducks again because Jack can't get enough of it. And then we played on one of the playgrounds. It was delightful. And I still can't get over how glorious the weather was.





This last part is TOTALLY random. I was listening to a talk this week by Camille Fronk Olson. Who is one of my favorite speakers that hasn't spoke at Education Week for a few years. On that train of thought I was wondering if there was a way I could go to Education Week this year. So in the midst of me dreaming and hoping for this I got an email from someone about the lineup for Time Out for Women this fall in Hartford Connecticut. It's kind of a like a mini women's conference they do for places outside of Utah. Look at the lineup of who will be speaking:
Sheri Dew
S. Michael Wilcox
Emily Watts
Merilee Boyack
MaryEllen Edmunds
O.k .there are a few other speakers- but SERIOUSLY! These are my favorite speakers at Education Week, and I don't always get to hear them all there- and they ALL are COMING TO ME!!!! I have to say my Heavenly Father sure does know me and loves to spoil me. :) I really don't know if I can wait. If any of you want to come visit and go to the time out for women with me...
It was delicious! I got the sour dough french toast breakfast and Eric got the chicken fried steak dinner. MMMM! They had crayons and something for Jack to color, and a special chair for Avey's carseat. Jack could even eat the cornbread (no milk). We loved it, and Jack stole the hearts of all the workers and diners there. They all knew his name by the end of our feast. Thanks Amy and Josh!
Avey just chilling in her carseat.
The fun rocking chairs- even one that was Jack sized.
Then on Tuesday the rain completely cleared up and it was a GORGEOUS day. (Actually the weather has been incredible ALL week since then.) After Eric finished teaching we went to Forest Park. It's kind of like the Central Park of Springfield. It's HUGE, and has so many things you can do. We went to feed the ducks again because Jack can't get enough of it. And then we played on one of the playgrounds. It was delightful. And I still can't get over how glorious the weather was.
This last part is TOTALLY random. I was listening to a talk this week by Camille Fronk Olson. Who is one of my favorite speakers that hasn't spoke at Education Week for a few years. On that train of thought I was wondering if there was a way I could go to Education Week this year. So in the midst of me dreaming and hoping for this I got an email from someone about the lineup for Time Out for Women this fall in Hartford Connecticut. It's kind of a like a mini women's conference they do for places outside of Utah. Look at the lineup of who will be speaking:
Sheri Dew
S. Michael Wilcox
Emily Watts
Merilee Boyack
MaryEllen Edmunds
O.k .there are a few other speakers- but SERIOUSLY! These are my favorite speakers at Education Week, and I don't always get to hear them all there- and they ALL are COMING TO ME!!!! I have to say my Heavenly Father sure does know me and loves to spoil me. :) I really don't know if I can wait. If any of you want to come visit and go to the time out for women with me...
Comments
Sounds like you guys have been enjoying your time out there and I'm so glad!
And I'm also glad that you will have some great speakers to listen to.
My mom and I are going to women's conference next month and I've never gone to that or education week and so I'm excited. I'll have to look for some of those speakers that you mentioned! (although I already know that I love sheri dew!)
We miss you!
Glad you had a great spring break. I miss those sometimes. :)