We have been trying to get Jack to sleep in his new toddler bed for a few weeks now. He'll usually get out of the bed and/or play on it whether we're in the room or not, and no sleeping happens. So after one or a few times of getting out of his bed, we'll zip him up in his portable tent and he goes right to sleep like magic. I haven't had the energy the past few days to try to get him to sleep in his bed, so he hasn't had the option of trying to start off sleeping on his bed for awhile. But tonight I was putting him down a little early because Jack was exhausted, Eric was at class and I decided why not. Miraculously it worked! He cried a little bit, like 10 seconds here and there, but overall I didn't hear anymore sounds in the room. Or so I thought...
When I went in the room to make sure he made it back to the bed to sleep, the door wouldn't open. I thought he had put some of his stuffed animals or blankets in front of the door but carefully kept opening it.
It was at this moment I found... My exhausted toddler was the thing blocking the door. The poor guy had walked over to the door like he usually does, but didn't had energy this time to bang on it, so he just put his head on the door and went to sleep sitting up.
Yep, I am definitely a great mom.
When I went in the room to make sure he made it back to the bed to sleep, the door wouldn't open. I thought he had put some of his stuffed animals or blankets in front of the door but carefully kept opening it.
It was at this moment I found... My exhausted toddler was the thing blocking the door. The poor guy had walked over to the door like he usually does, but didn't had energy this time to bang on it, so he just put his head on the door and went to sleep sitting up.
Yep, I am definitely a great mom.
Comments