Skip to main content

We made it!

Here we are in Massachusetts. Eric made it safely, thanks for all your prayers! And Jack and I made it through our 7 hour flight with two layovers Saturday. (Much better than a 36 hour drive, and even our 12 hour drive to California a few weeks ago!) We are still looking for housing, but are hopeful we can find the right place for us. Just a little hint for other house hunters, labor day weekend is not the time to start looking as most people are out of town or not available until tomorow. But tomorrow we have a few more houses set up to look at, and Eric starts his classes- so life is still exciting. We are feeling so well taken care of as we are staying with a family friend from when my parents lived here 20 years ago, and so loved by so many other people that are offering to help us. Someone even said hi to me on my run this morning that I didn't know, and it was so beautiful and filled with trees- kind of like running in the mountains, but without any hills- I think I'm a fan! And Jack was so quiet as I was running with him, I think he was also stunned by the beauty of it. I have to say I don't think I'm going to ever be able to go anywhere without getting lost however. The streets are CRAZY, but maybe we'll finally get that GPS we have been talking about for awhile. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, it really is still a miracle we're out here and Eric's starting a graduate program tomorrow, but we're excited, and know this is where we're supposed to be.

Comments

Maxmomma said…
We're so glad you made it safely! Enjoy those beautiful running routes- I am impressed you are running this far into pregnancy. Good luck tomorrow to Eric!
Anna said…
yes, running in the trees is so exciting isn't it! I went running in VA on a business trip in July and it was beautimus. Just wait til fall comes.

Keep blogging. We miss you, but reading about your life will help. Glad you made it safe.
Becky said…
Congrats! Brooke I do sympathize with you about the streets. Not sure who designed them out East but the roads make no sense. I am also thinking of getting a GPS. Good luck with everything!
yeah! I'm glad you are posting so often. Niesha and Aaron were pretty stunned to know you guys were moving. Thanks for keeping us updated. Can't wait for pictures.
haley said…
Happy to hear you made it. Just to let you know, Todd and I got a free GPS from Key Bank for opening up a checking account. I don't know if they have Key Bank's in MA...anyways, best wishes in finding the right place to live.
*Aliese* said…
That's exciting. Glad you made it safely! I did love running back east far better than out west; enjoy it.
Andrea said…
That is good news! Thanks for the update. Good luck with the housing hunt. I am so glad you all came to visit before you left. That was so nice! You are missed already!
Diane said…
Brooke,
It is 9:00 and I was just saying my prayers and was thinking of you and got up and said "Steve I have to go look at Brooke and Eric's blog" so I did and here is the news. What a whirlwind and blessing all at the same time! I am sure you will love the trees! I grew up in NC and I love trees! Best Wishes and hopefully we will see you at Christmas. God Bless!
Petersen Palace said…
got your messsage Brooke, I'm so glad you made it. Sounded like you were super busy! I will call your mom for more info. Have fun! :)
girlsmama said…
Glad to hear you are all there and safe! I know you will be missed in the old ward. You'll have to tell Eric I got a second calling last week...Bear Den leader. :) -Jessica R.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....