Skip to main content

Shelter, what a relief!

So after looking at tons of apartments (which are actually duplexs, triplexs and four plexs- because good apartment buildings are only for senior citizens out here.) we finally were shown an apartment in a great area for Springfield, a great price, a good size and they accepted us as tenants. I am so excited, and we feel SOOO blessed. It really seems too good to be true. Especially with all the hours I have spent searching and visiting different apartments. It's also a few blocks from the hospital, which means if I go into labor and Eric has the car I could manage getting to the hospital by myself. Don't worry I'm not planning on it, just preparing. :) We really feel so relieved though to be in a good area for the next year and at such a great price. Now Eric just has a job to find, and we will be home free on our move to Massachussetts. I don't have pictures yet, but I promise once we get to our new place and are a little more settled in, I will upload some pictures of this beautiful area.

I have to say something though. Everyone has dogs out here. This is not a joke. In the classifieds in the newspaper there were three columns of jobs available, and two full columns of dogs for sale. Two FULL columns. Not of pets, just dogs. Everyone loves dogs here. Which is fantastic for Jack as he loves dogs. Just an interesting little tidbit of information for you Westites. So if you're a dog lover, you would fit right in here.

Comments

haley said…
yeah for finding a place to live!
Petersen Palace said…
Yay for dogs! Oh wait, I mean a roof! :)
emiflute said…
Roof! Roof! (Ha ha. I couldn't resist). Glad to hear things are working out for you!
*Aliese* said…
I pretty much love that you've found a place to live within walking distance of a hospital for your prego self. Was this part of the criteria, or a mere positive? :) Hopefully you won't have to waltz yourself down the street all on your own! And you're right. There are LOTS of dogs back east. I must say though, Denver, Colorado and St. Louis, Missouri seem to have loads as well.
Mandi said…
So happy for you guys! Having done the apartment search thing this year, I remember how stressful it is to try to find one as fast as possible and still get something nice. At least I knew the area a little better than you know Springfield. I am really glad for you all. :)
Maxmomma said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful blessing- we are so happy for you! Can't wait to see pics.
Criscell said…
BROOKE!! I'm SUCH a terrible friend!! I'm so sorry I haven't been blog stalking much at all lately. CONGRATS on having a girl!!! That is awesome! You will love having a little princess to dress up. I had Crew in Dec. and it was so special. Congrats to your husband for getting into school. You guys have been through a lot of change lately. I hope all goes well for you in Mass.! Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....