Skip to main content

Eric's Journey

Here are the much anticipated pictures of Eric's journey to Massachusetts from Provo. Just to recap. He heard back from Springfield college about his acceptance into their graduate program Monday August 31st, and then jumped in our super packed car within 24 hours and started started trekking back East. He did surprisingly well and I have to say he never sounded completely wasted when I talked to him on the phone, although some days he put in 16 hours or more of straight driving.


This was the sunrise one morning as Eric was on the road about 4:30 AM.

Of course, more road.


This was the hotel he stayed at one of the nights. He said he went in and talked to the manager and asked if he could get a price about 1/2 of what they were advertising on the sign. The manager said no to that, but brought the original price down considerably! This waterpark was actually right inside the hotel, and Eric said it was quite amazing. (Although $13 to get inside it) There was a pool and hot tub he could use for free however- and then surprisingly enough he got into his room, and there was a jetted tub! I have to say I was a little jealous. Although it was a very good thing for him, as this was his third and almost last day on the road, he needed a little rejuvenator.

And the last stretch- he's going to make it!!!!

All in all, Eric said he enjoyed the drive. All I can say, thank you grandpa for paying for my plane ticket- so I didn't have to keep a toddler busy for 4 days straight in the car! I will credit that to my current sanity today. :)

Here are a few more pictures of us at the Boston Temple. Which driving in Boston, do NOT drive there unless you have a GPS. I thought Springfield roads were the most random thing ever. Nope, Boston is worse. I hear they are far worse than New York even. But we did visit Eric's co-workers he has been working with for the past 2 years and never met. And after the temple we went to a delightful little village and had dinner. We didn't do as much as we thought we would, but that was due to the not having a GPS and getting crazy lost, and having to call my brother and have him be our guide, and then we still were getting lost. Thanks again for your help Brandon, really you saved our lives. We probably would still be lost in Boston there today if it weren't for you.


The flowers were GORGEOUS! I think these are my favorite grounds for foliage at a temple. Close to the Portland temple in gloriousness. I don't know what I'm trying to do in this picture though, smell them maybe?

Comments

*Aliese* said…
It's true. Boston takes the cake for ridiculous roads. I would drive in Manhattan ANY DAY over Boston.
Jessie said…
Yeah, I got lost every time we went into Boston, I was just glad to have my pretty much native husband there. He always had a couple huge atlases in his trunk, though (that was before the days of gps popularity). Glad to hear Eric's trip went well, though, and that things are going so well for you guys, too!

We're headed out to Boston on the 9th--anything you'd suggest we do? Where are you at? Can we come visit you? If so, drop me an email (jwkilger at gmail), and we'll try to plan something out. I'm not sure how close to actual Boston you are, and we're planning on spending our nights up in Merrimack, NH (where Cory used to live), but it'd still be great to see a familiar face or two. :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....