Skip to main content

News Flash!



This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child.

Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :)

For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be because I'm not nearly as busy, or have as many emergency to do things on my list. Or I've heard sometimes your subsequent pregnancies just get easier. (Besides for Amy Clark- I still think you're a trooper- 9 straight months of nausea and on your 3rd child, if we all could be like you!) However in the last week it hasn't been as great, but I have a very patient and kind husband that will come home and make dinner although I haven't really done anything all day but maybe unload the dishwasher. He really is great, and also when I have to eat protein before bed, but all food is sounding blech, he'll usually make me an egg on toast, or whatever sounds o.k enough to swallow.

Happily my doctor told me I could start feeding Jack straight up cows milk. And since he's such a healthy weight- we can even feed him 2% instead of whole milk. I think Eric must have called him before I went, because he loves 2% milk, and so now I get to buy that for both my boys! Jack loves cows milk so the complete switch won't be a problem. The nursing thing has been good, but the nursing while pregnant thing just makes me too hungry, and because food doesn't sound great, it's going to be easier to not have to eat quite as much.

We have no clues as to whether it will be a boy or girl, but you're free to guess. We would love a boy to be Jack's little buddy. The two kids will be almost 18 months apart, but a little girl would be so fun to have too. Jack just loves being around other kids, so we think he'll be in heaven with a new little sibling.

This has been one of the main reasons for my lack of posting these days. I think I posted twice in the month of April. In the next few weeks I should be feeling better though and I can jump back on the journal/blogging bandwagon. Life is good, and we are so excited!


Comments

Jessie said…
Brooke! Congratulations! I am seriously so excited for you. Having two, while difficult at times (heavens, even having one is difficult at times!), is so totally worth it. It's a blast to have two of the same gender, but I also look forward to the day we have a little boy join our family. I hope you get to feeling all better soon, so you can enjoy your pregnancy!
Kristi said…
Hey Brooke! Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better. So glad that Eric is being so good to you, that's so important! I wish I were there to help to.

Having two kids so close together (Ben and Ivy are 16 months apart) has been better than I thought. The hardest part for me is my pesky four-year-old. Through the whole experience I have thought, man I should have had my first two this close and then had a space for a couple of years. So I think you are going to love it!

Bentley is soft and sweet with Baby Ivy (most of the time) and I can tell he loves her so much, I bet Jack will be the same.

Love you guys and Congrats!
*Aliese* said…
Aw, congrats! I love when my friends have cute babies. :)
Awwwww... Such a cute picture. More grandbabies! Yippee!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I can't even imagine being sick like you are. I have been blessed so far with my pregnancies and babies! Hope this pregnancy is better!
Jackie said…
Yay, congrats Stevensons! We love you guys!
Unknown said…
Yay! Brooke! What a total surprise! I am not going to be the only one around now with my first two kids so close together. LOL! You're awesome. Hang in there!
Andrea said…
Congratulations!!! That is always such great news! That has to be hard to be preggs and still have to take care of a baby. Mine was nearly 4 while I was preggs. So, at least she could entertain herself fairly well. Let me know if you need any help with ANYTHING! I know how pregnancy takes all of your energy away. Congrats!!!
Jenny said…
Congratulations!! So exciting!
Maxmomma said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It will be so fun to have the two close together and you are so close to being out of that icky first trimester. I am convinced these souls come when they need to, so this is perfect timing!

Congrats again and I hope you will be feeling 100% soon!
Becky Knowles said…
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Two is definitely LOTS of work, but so much fun. I'm glad you are feeling good. Keep us updated.
Wow! Congrats. Now that funny talk about having multiple children makes ALOT more sense. lol.
Team Clark said…
Hooray - the cat is out of the bag!
Tams Family said…
Congrats! That is super exciting.
Heather said…
Congratulations!!! We're so excited for both of you! (actually all 3 of you, Jack included!)
Petersen Palace said…
Yay!!! what lucky kids to get to come to your family! :) Let me know if I can take Jack so you can take a nap! :)
Nikki said…
I can't believe you're pregnant!! Jack will love having a sibling so close - like you and Brandon!
Becky said…
Congrats! Exciting.
Diane said…
Brooke,
CONGRATS! Steve and I are so excited for you. Little Jack looks like so much fun and it will be nice for him to have a play mate. Looks like you all are doing super and we would love to get together some time this summer!

Diane and Steve
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! That is so great, hopefully you keep feeling good. I think having kids a little close together would be fun once you get past the first part of pregnancy and recovery. They can be little playmates! yay

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....