I realize it has been awhile since I have posted. But don't think I haven't tried to post things. I tried to get Jack standing by himself and climbing up the stairs, but the three times I have video taped him it just didn't work out. Partly because I was the one filming him and he kept wanting to climb up on my lap, so maybe Eric can help me make a fun video soon. Until then I will just have to update you video and picture less.
First off, Eric and I ran our first 5K together last Saturday! It was pretty last minute as I called to talk to my dad about how expensive 5K's were (I was trying to sign up for one because it was one of our new years resolutions) and my mom said my brothers' school was hosting a 5K fundraiser for their library that Saturday. Since we were coming up to the WJ anyway we decided to run it. Saturday morning rolled around and consequently Jack slept very poorly that night, so I wasn't feeling too hot, and I asked Eric- do you really want to run the 5K? To his benefit, he said yes, so we got up and went. Eric finished it in 33 minutes, I finished it in 28 minutes. We're actually not very good pace partners because Eric likes to have fast running spurts followed by walking, and I like a steady pace so I don't run super fast, but I don't walk either. It was fun though, and my brother Seth got 4th overall in the 5K- he was booking it! I got 1st in the womens bracket 25-29, there were like 5 other women in my bracket, and I can't remember all the rest of the awards. I think Seth and my dad took first in their age groups for the 5K, and my mom took first in her age group in the 1 miler, she ran it with my brother Micah.
The best story of the day though was my brother Jonathan who ran the 1 mile race. He was doing great and running super fast, and then saw a little girl on the side of the road that looked like she was hurt. So he stopped and helped her for awhile to make sure she was o.k and then went on. He didn't think I need to keep going to win this race, just someone needs help so I'm there. He got 6th overall in the 1 mile anyway- in a time of 8 minutes 30 seconds, but he was the best one all day in the races in my book! Seriously my brothers and sisters are such awesome examples to me, I hope I can be like them someday!
Eric also took bridals of our friend Maria for her wedding coming up at the end of May. We went to this awesome park, and the pictures turned out great. I don't have any of the pictures here, but I will try to get some and post them later for you to see. They are gorgeous! Also if you want him to take some pictures for your wedding or as a family, let us know. Since he's just starting up he'll do an hour photo shoot for $35. Trust me, you'll love all the pictures that come of it. And Eric has such a blast taking them, it's really fun for him!
Jack update! As I mentioned before Jack is standing by himself and walking along furniture. He'll also walk if you're holding his hands. He LOVES oatmeal- and has this everyday for breakfast. If there's something he's eating that he doesn't like, we usually can add a little oatmeal to it and he'll eat it. He probably would be content to just eat that all day, and yogurt- he loves that too. He has also been a biting fiend while nursing him, so we have been slowly introducing cows milk to him. (I know he's not 12 months yet! Don't hate me! I'm checking to make sure he doesn't have any negative reactions, and it's only once a day! And besides that he's as big as any 14 month old, so he should be fine.) We'll see how that goes. He really likes it. He enjoys pushing the speaker button on the phone so he can hear the dial tone, and exploring EVERYTHING. His new favorite place is outside. So now when he sees someone go outside he'll stand at the door and cry because they didn't take him with them. He likes to eat paper and especially toliet paper- and just learned how to flush the toilet all by himself- so consequently the bathroom door is always shut now. But he's still a gem and really fun to be around, we really like him!
With Eric's paycut at work we're doing o.k right now, we haven't hit our savings yet, but we are definitely looking for a new job for him. And with all the layoffs they have been doing they just pile on more and more work to the remaining employees. It's really unfortunate because Eric is doing consultant work now which is great experience, but getting paid about half of what their salary would be. If you hear of anything, even up in the Washington/Oregon area, let us know! We are looking at all our options here!
I am also loving being a grocerysmarts instructor. Helping people learn how to save money in ways they didn't even know existed before the class. It's very fun and rewarding, and it makes me feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives.
The spring. Time to start working in the yard. Some people gain lots of pleasure from this, but I am unfortunately not one of those people. Getting dirt under my fingernails, and then no matter how hard you scrub it stays there for days at a time, not very pleasant for me. Gloves don't always help either. I don't even enjoy planting flowers or vegetables, how sad is that! One of my new years resolutions was to spend 20 minutes each day out in the yard for a month straight. I made this a goal to help me start seeing the joy in yard work and to help our yard become more pleasant to look at and not so needy. We spent 5 hours one Saturday two weeks ago working in the yard, and I thought here's the start to my month long yard bonanza. But of course excuses kept me out of the yard until I just mowed the lawn a week later. I don't mind mowing the lawn, but there's so much more to a yard than a lawn, so it gets a little overwhelming to me. Oh well, I will try to post when that whole being in the yard thing for a month does work out- and maybe now you guys can hold me to it!
Life's great though. I really don't have too much to complain of, besides the natural man tendencies I have. Have a great day! And remember Up Only!
First off, Eric and I ran our first 5K together last Saturday! It was pretty last minute as I called to talk to my dad about how expensive 5K's were (I was trying to sign up for one because it was one of our new years resolutions) and my mom said my brothers' school was hosting a 5K fundraiser for their library that Saturday. Since we were coming up to the WJ anyway we decided to run it. Saturday morning rolled around and consequently Jack slept very poorly that night, so I wasn't feeling too hot, and I asked Eric- do you really want to run the 5K? To his benefit, he said yes, so we got up and went. Eric finished it in 33 minutes, I finished it in 28 minutes. We're actually not very good pace partners because Eric likes to have fast running spurts followed by walking, and I like a steady pace so I don't run super fast, but I don't walk either. It was fun though, and my brother Seth got 4th overall in the 5K- he was booking it! I got 1st in the womens bracket 25-29, there were like 5 other women in my bracket, and I can't remember all the rest of the awards. I think Seth and my dad took first in their age groups for the 5K, and my mom took first in her age group in the 1 miler, she ran it with my brother Micah.
The best story of the day though was my brother Jonathan who ran the 1 mile race. He was doing great and running super fast, and then saw a little girl on the side of the road that looked like she was hurt. So he stopped and helped her for awhile to make sure she was o.k and then went on. He didn't think I need to keep going to win this race, just someone needs help so I'm there. He got 6th overall in the 1 mile anyway- in a time of 8 minutes 30 seconds, but he was the best one all day in the races in my book! Seriously my brothers and sisters are such awesome examples to me, I hope I can be like them someday!
Eric also took bridals of our friend Maria for her wedding coming up at the end of May. We went to this awesome park, and the pictures turned out great. I don't have any of the pictures here, but I will try to get some and post them later for you to see. They are gorgeous! Also if you want him to take some pictures for your wedding or as a family, let us know. Since he's just starting up he'll do an hour photo shoot for $35. Trust me, you'll love all the pictures that come of it. And Eric has such a blast taking them, it's really fun for him!
Jack update! As I mentioned before Jack is standing by himself and walking along furniture. He'll also walk if you're holding his hands. He LOVES oatmeal- and has this everyday for breakfast. If there's something he's eating that he doesn't like, we usually can add a little oatmeal to it and he'll eat it. He probably would be content to just eat that all day, and yogurt- he loves that too. He has also been a biting fiend while nursing him, so we have been slowly introducing cows milk to him. (I know he's not 12 months yet! Don't hate me! I'm checking to make sure he doesn't have any negative reactions, and it's only once a day! And besides that he's as big as any 14 month old, so he should be fine.) We'll see how that goes. He really likes it. He enjoys pushing the speaker button on the phone so he can hear the dial tone, and exploring EVERYTHING. His new favorite place is outside. So now when he sees someone go outside he'll stand at the door and cry because they didn't take him with them. He likes to eat paper and especially toliet paper- and just learned how to flush the toilet all by himself- so consequently the bathroom door is always shut now. But he's still a gem and really fun to be around, we really like him!
With Eric's paycut at work we're doing o.k right now, we haven't hit our savings yet, but we are definitely looking for a new job for him. And with all the layoffs they have been doing they just pile on more and more work to the remaining employees. It's really unfortunate because Eric is doing consultant work now which is great experience, but getting paid about half of what their salary would be. If you hear of anything, even up in the Washington/Oregon area, let us know! We are looking at all our options here!
I am also loving being a grocerysmarts instructor. Helping people learn how to save money in ways they didn't even know existed before the class. It's very fun and rewarding, and it makes me feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives.
The spring. Time to start working in the yard. Some people gain lots of pleasure from this, but I am unfortunately not one of those people. Getting dirt under my fingernails, and then no matter how hard you scrub it stays there for days at a time, not very pleasant for me. Gloves don't always help either. I don't even enjoy planting flowers or vegetables, how sad is that! One of my new years resolutions was to spend 20 minutes each day out in the yard for a month straight. I made this a goal to help me start seeing the joy in yard work and to help our yard become more pleasant to look at and not so needy. We spent 5 hours one Saturday two weeks ago working in the yard, and I thought here's the start to my month long yard bonanza. But of course excuses kept me out of the yard until I just mowed the lawn a week later. I don't mind mowing the lawn, but there's so much more to a yard than a lawn, so it gets a little overwhelming to me. Oh well, I will try to post when that whole being in the yard thing for a month does work out- and maybe now you guys can hold me to it!
Life's great though. I really don't have too much to complain of, besides the natural man tendencies I have. Have a great day! And remember Up Only!
Comments
I understand about the biting--there were days when I just wanted to wean Scott cold turkey if he wouldn't cut it out. I'm really glad you've found a solution that works for both of you. :)
Jack is growing up so much! What a little cutie, getting into everything. Hee hee, I haven't let Scott near the toilet yet to figure out how to flush it, but I dread the day he does! So fun. And so much work.
We love you guys and hope to see you soon! Good luck with Eric's work--what sort of job is he looking for? And what kind of pay? There are quite a few jobs up here in Idaho Falls. :)