O.k., I know this is the fourth birthday post in pretty nearly one month- but hey I have 6 brothers and 2 sisters and four of these 8 birthdays just happen to fall in one month of each other. Fantastic for my mom to always plan all these birthday parties around this fall time. Anyhow-
Brandon, happy day to you!
I know it was yesterday- but for some reason this whole week I have been one day behind. Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday- and even after I realized it was Thursday- I still think today is Thursday- go figure. And because I'm going to see you on Saturday- I figured I would do my birthday celebrations for you then- but just realized that's not your actual birthday. Wow, welcome to the inner workings of Brooke's brain.
But enough about me, Brandon. I am so glad you're my bro-ha. So this might be embarrassing to admit but I was super shy in middle school, and I remember I would talk to Brandon to practice having normal conversations. I don't know if he ever really knew this- but I remember so often just going into his room at night and talking about many different things. Brandon is a fantastic listener, especially if you need a shoulder to cry on. He's is also never afraid to state or "discuss energetically" his opinion- which makes for some interesting conversations with Eric as they don't really agree on a lot of topics. He's also a very loyal friend and brother, and a great example to me in both those areas. (Although I don't quite know how it is to be a brother, is it that different from being a sister?) He also has the most curious and smart little boy, my nephew of course, and I'm so excited he and Jack can be buddies only 3 months apart. And Brandon- you also married fantasticly! (Did you know fantasticly's not a word, or maybe I just spelled it wrong.) I love Mandi, and she is so great for you, I couldn't be happier she's in our family.
One quick story- so I'm not the best writer as you can tell. And Brandon is majoring in journalism, so he's pretty good at it. And he always would edit my papers in high school and college until he went on his mission. Well he got back from his mission and about a year laster it's my last semester of college and I'm writing my 25 page senior recital paper. Well I have been working like crazy on it, and I ask my dad, Eric and Brandon to edit it. Well I get the corrections from all these people, but Brandon writes on the bottom of my paper; "I'm glad in 4 years of college you have improved in your writing a little bit." Now, this was probably the biggest compliment I have ever received about my writing from Brandon- and I was so happy. His approval, how small it may seem to you, meant more than the grade on the paper to me. (And that's pretty big if you know me.)
Anyway in short I love you Brandon! Happy birthday, and many more on channel 4!
Brandon, happy day to you!
I know it was yesterday- but for some reason this whole week I have been one day behind. Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday- and even after I realized it was Thursday- I still think today is Thursday- go figure. And because I'm going to see you on Saturday- I figured I would do my birthday celebrations for you then- but just realized that's not your actual birthday. Wow, welcome to the inner workings of Brooke's brain.
But enough about me, Brandon. I am so glad you're my bro-ha. So this might be embarrassing to admit but I was super shy in middle school, and I remember I would talk to Brandon to practice having normal conversations. I don't know if he ever really knew this- but I remember so often just going into his room at night and talking about many different things. Brandon is a fantastic listener, especially if you need a shoulder to cry on. He's is also never afraid to state or "discuss energetically" his opinion- which makes for some interesting conversations with Eric as they don't really agree on a lot of topics. He's also a very loyal friend and brother, and a great example to me in both those areas. (Although I don't quite know how it is to be a brother, is it that different from being a sister?) He also has the most curious and smart little boy, my nephew of course, and I'm so excited he and Jack can be buddies only 3 months apart. And Brandon- you also married fantasticly! (Did you know fantasticly's not a word, or maybe I just spelled it wrong.) I love Mandi, and she is so great for you, I couldn't be happier she's in our family.
One quick story- so I'm not the best writer as you can tell. And Brandon is majoring in journalism, so he's pretty good at it. And he always would edit my papers in high school and college until he went on his mission. Well he got back from his mission and about a year laster it's my last semester of college and I'm writing my 25 page senior recital paper. Well I have been working like crazy on it, and I ask my dad, Eric and Brandon to edit it. Well I get the corrections from all these people, but Brandon writes on the bottom of my paper; "I'm glad in 4 years of college you have improved in your writing a little bit." Now, this was probably the biggest compliment I have ever received about my writing from Brandon- and I was so happy. His approval, how small it may seem to you, meant more than the grade on the paper to me. (And that's pretty big if you know me.)
Anyway in short I love you Brandon! Happy birthday, and many more on channel 4!
Comments
1. Fantastically is definitely a word.
2. Hehe "discuss energetically." I must agree with you there.
3. I don't remember writing that at the bottom of your recital paper, but I'm glad you... interpreted it positively rather than deciding I'm a huge jerk. :)
4. I agree that Mandi is awesome.