Skip to main content

Traveling back in time

O.k. so our camera is lost- it has been lost for about a year. Sadness. Anyhow- my mom just sent me some pictures that she took with her camera- Happiness! I love this blogging thing- it's a fun way to record my history without actually writing in a journal. (I'm not such a journal fan- I know I know I'm a sinner- I love reading my journal- just not actually writing in it. Maybe it's that I can type here on the blog and that's 25 times faster than I can write by hand- and it looks so much better when I'm done- but anyhow I'm digressing...)

As many of you know Jack had jaundice when he was born- and looked so beautiful because of it- :) but anyway he had to be under the lights for a week- not something that is fun when all you want to do is hold and cuddle the cutest little baby you have ever seen in your life. (He also had to go to the hospital to get his blood tested for his bili levels every other day for two weeks. They have this baby cutter thing that slices his heel to get enough blood for the vial- SAD! The worst was one day he had to get his bili test at the hospital with his right heel and then right after that he went to the doctor's to get his PKU done which is more blood testing with his left heel. Man those moments make you feel so helpless!) But here is what he looked like in the lights in our little portable crib/bassinet. I think the one with it turned on makes him look kind of like an alien. I do like these light beds much better than the suitcases my mom had to use on all my siblings though.












And here's some other random hospital pictures.

Here's our Jack with his daddy and friends Josh, Dallin and Hannah.

He has so many fabulous uncles- here's a few more of those cute guys:












And then his two amazing grandpas

Jack- do you know how much you're loved?

Comments

Brooke,

Did you deliver full term? Just curious. I feel like I'm getting so big and still have two months left. Arrgh...

I also don't think you're a sinner for not writing in your journal. I don't know too many people who actually keep a journal. I think whatever history you record is better than nothing. I too love blogging!! It's the best way I've ever found to keep a "journal".

I wish we could meet Jack. If we come for Christmas will you come see us if I have a baby shower?
I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch 'sort of'. :)
Awwww, what a cute baby! And I think he's getting cuter every time I see him! More pictures!
Becca said…
Hee hee. One of my favorite Brooke quotes is when we were going to Wicked and you said, "If I don't get into the celestial kingdom for one thing, it will that I didn't keep a journal." And Bri said in a concerned voice, "That can keep you out of the celestial kingdom?" And Amy said, "Only in Brooke's mind..."
Andrea said…
Congrats on your sweet little guy. He is adorable!
Becky said…
Awesome quote Becca!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....