Skip to main content

Last of February and middle of March

 We went to Panda for Chinese New Year.  Because we're original like that.

The kids ROCKED the musical they were in!  We all had a blast, especially during the performances.



 Jennifer is the amazing director of the show.  We're so sad she won't be helping with the musical next year- but totally understand since she won't have a child in the school anymore.

 This was Avey's friend Ellie that helped her stay on track and enter and exit at the right times.  :)

 These cute kids!

Eric came to the Saturday show, and gave the kids snickers for all their hard work.

 We watched the Brinkerhoff girls the weekend after the show to swap for our getaway in January.

 Yep.  I took 6 kids to OMSI by myself!  We pretty much hung out in the science playground, but I felt awesome- kids doing crafts, playing with water or sand, and I just jumped back and forth making sure I had an eye on each them at different times.  It was fun.

 Jack's friend Mason also came, and so he and Ellen went downstairs for a few minutes to play with him in the other exhibits. While I stayed with the other girls up here.

 Look at that cloud craft!



 We went to our frisbee park and this caterpillar was a favorite.

 We had so much fun this whole weekend, we love the Brinkerhoff girls!


 Our friends the Pyeatts came in for a visit!  They totally showed up at my door one afternoon and surprised us!  It made my month!!!

These cute kids all playing together!

I miss these girls!!!  We also had a girls night one night that was super fun.  I was enjoying it so much I didn't even take a picture.   But I miss you Emily- come back soon!

 I decided Christmas is so crazy for our family, I am going to make Easter a bigger deal.  So I got the book a Celebrating a Christ Centered Easter by Emily Belle Freeman and we have LOVED doing all the activities and learning about 7 of the people close to the Savior in his life over this past month.  This is us after learning about Lazarus and the unexpected hope of his resurrection and planting our seeds and covering them with dark soil to remind us of the unexpected hope that always comes from the Savior.

 Our friends the Horrocks threw a movie party!  Everyone that came had put together a movie for everyone else to watch.
We dressed up and walked the red carpet in the house.


 I love this picture of Avey

 The wonderful host and hostess

 It was so fun!


 I got our food storage situation a little more under control as I found the church storehouse by us still sold the 25 lb bags of wheat.  So I bought some buckets, and cleaned them out, put dry ice in them and put the wheat on top, and wallah!  I have a years supply of grain now.

 These fish tacos.  I mean seriously.  So incredibly delicious!  Salvador Molly's our new favorite restaurant!

This is where we live.  We drove for 10 minutes one Sunday afternoon and went on a short walk and this is what we found.  Oregon is the best!

 Green smoothie shamrock pancakes for St Patricks' Day!


And we had zucchini crust pizza and a rainbow of fruits and veggies for dinner, and that's how we celebrate this day at our house!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....