We had our 10th anniversary weekend getaway mid January. It was amazing. It was a staycation because I wanted to maximize our time together not traveling anywhere, and I wanted it to be a very restful weekend, and it was! The first night we actually just stayed at our house! (The kids were at a friend's house) Then we went to the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson WA for our second night. (It was about an hour away and a beautiful drive and the perfect place for us!)
We got there and unloaded our things and went outside and started walking on one of the trails they had right outside the lodge. It was amazing weather, sunny and so beautiful.
We had dinner that night at the lodge. Sadly they have done away with their Friday night buffet which we had heard so much about, but our food was still pretty good.
The next day dawned and it was wet wet wet, and rainy rainy rainy all day. We actually canceled our morning hike and ended up going into Portland and watching Into the Woods instead, it was still fun.
Right in front of their big lodge fireplace. It was exactly the weekend we needed and wanted. Loved it!
We went to the Cheesecake Factory that anniversary weekend as well.
and it was delicious as usual. And our kids had a blast with their friends the whole time we were gone.
Avey has been taking a soccer class. Every week she says she doesn't want to go, but then she gets there and sits on the bench for a minute and then goes in. Silly girl.
Ellie and Avey with their cute friends Ruby and Abram
Ellie is now old enough to go to the play area of Fred Meyer- so both Avey and Ellie can go in when I go shopping there! Hooray! This is super fun for all of us!
Ellie put on her Anna costume for a few days all day everyday. And Avey wore her costume for awhile too. And Ellie's favorite toy/stuffed animal is that monkey right now. She brings it everywhere and has to sleep with it.
Oh, I can't handle how cute these two friends are when they are together. They are a month and a few days apart.
My birthday party- at Sweet Tomatoes. :)
I was able to go to the temple with friends and out to lunch with them afterwards- it was such an amazing trip! Yay!
I got a running hat from my mom- Ellie was testing it out for me.
We went to the art museum a few Saturdays ago. The kids were actually well behaved and it was a really great experience!
The kids and Eric went on an adventure in downtown Portland a different Saturday than that too. They had a blast riding the train and going to voodoo donuts, and the worlds smallest park. :) I had a blast reading and relaxing. I think I am finally feeling rested and recovered from my December.
Oh boy! Ellie got out of her tent one afternoon while she should have been taking a nap, and found my lipstick and proceeded to draw all over with it.
Thankfully she kept to all washable/easily wipeable surfaces, like the tub, and mirrors, and countertops, she left my white shirt and the walls and carpet/rugs alone, so nothing got ruined, except the white shirt she was wearing.
She got a valentine in the mail from her cousin Aubrey- she was so excited!
I painted this. I know, pretty amazing for me. We had a relief society craft night to make bags for library books, and so this is what I paint stenciled onto my bag. I really do like it.
Jack a fun valentines party at his class that I helped a little with.
And our dinner was especially delicious this year- a gourmet pasta flavored with bacon and chicken, homemade breadsticks, asparagus and a spinach blueberry feta salad. I made a fruit pizza with strawberries in a heart shape for dessert.
The weather was amazing for valentines day, and we went to go play in the sunshine, and Avey left this note on the door for anyone that wanted to know.
I took the kids to the park while Eric cooked dinner, a win for everyone!
These silly monkeys!









Comments