We got into Utah on December 24th.
We did our Christmas Eve swimming tradition at the Kearns Pool this year.
It had three different pools, and a ninja warrior pool obstacle blow up course thing in one of the pools, It was fun to go across it, and the kids had a blast.
We then went to the institute my dad works at and had a christmas eve party with my dad's side of the family. This is Avey and Aubrey.
And here is the nativity being acted out. Avey was a sheep but then decided to be an angel. Jack is bowing down as a wiseman in this picture. Also note to self, kids under 10 do not really like white elephant gift exchanges. They don't get the humor. Maybe a candy exchange for them next year?
I have been worried about having Ellie's birthday on christmas, but it was actually super fun and worked out just fine this year. Her amazing aunt Kristen made this incredible cake with puppies! Because puppies are some of Ellie's favorite things.
This is the cool aunt Kristen, and also a cool fact is she has made the birthday cakes for ALL of my kids on their 2nd birthdays.
Yummy cake!
I know this picture is blurry, but when she saw her doll stroller and swing and Elmo she got for her birthday she was dancing around in joy, and it was so cute for my usually serious stoic little girl.
Shhhh, Elmo sleeping
It also SNOWED on christmas! A lot of people had been praying for snow, (not me!) but actually I am happy to visit a place with snow and have other people around to help me put snow gear on and play with the kids in the snow, and then take it off. And then not have it again for several months. :) Portland, you're so good to me!
We had a delicious dinner at Allen and Cami's house another night, and her decorations were so cute!
The food was gourmet and amazing as always! Thanks guys!
On Eric's birthday we met up with these great friends, the Petersen's. Such great people!
On new years eve I was kind of burned out and needed a break, actually for like a month and a half I have needed a break so Eric gave me (or pushed me out of the house in) the morning. I headed to the temple and then got my haircut at the DYT salon in Lehi. Then had a fun new years eve bash with games with my family and kids watched movies. It was a good almost full day break from kids and craziness that is December for me. Note to self- friends don't let friends be born or have babies in December, seriously. :)
On New Years Day we went with Eric's family to the museum of natural curiosity at Thanksgiving point. It was pretty awesome!
We did our Christmas Eve swimming tradition at the Kearns Pool this year.
It had three different pools, and a ninja warrior pool obstacle blow up course thing in one of the pools, It was fun to go across it, and the kids had a blast.
And here is the nativity being acted out. Avey was a sheep but then decided to be an angel. Jack is bowing down as a wiseman in this picture. Also note to self, kids under 10 do not really like white elephant gift exchanges. They don't get the humor. Maybe a candy exchange for them next year?
This is the only picture I have of christmas. Whoops. The kids loved christmas though and that Santa still found them in Utah.
This is the cool aunt Kristen, and also a cool fact is she has made the birthday cakes for ALL of my kids on their 2nd birthdays.
Yummy cake!
I know this picture is blurry, but when she saw her doll stroller and swing and Elmo she got for her birthday she was dancing around in joy, and it was so cute for my usually serious stoic little girl.
Shhhh, Elmo sleeping
It also SNOWED on christmas! A lot of people had been praying for snow, (not me!) but actually I am happy to visit a place with snow and have other people around to help me put snow gear on and play with the kids in the snow, and then take it off. And then not have it again for several months. :) Portland, you're so good to me!
I went to charming charlies with my mom and sister in law Mandi and my mom found this cool mask- and then I started feeling sick. The night before Jack and Ellie had thrown up, and then Eric threw up in the morning. Bummer!
And then since Eric, Ellie and Jack were feeling better from being sick, I dragged myself to temple square since it was our only free night to go. It was beautiful and was such a great experience with the kids.
It was cool for the kids to see the building where general conference was broadcast.
We had a delicious dinner at Allen and Cami's house another night, and her decorations were so cute!
The food was gourmet and amazing as always! Thanks guys!
On Eric's birthday we met up with these great friends, the Petersen's. Such great people!
We had lunch at Rodizios.
And although it was really cold in the building because hi, it was like 10 degrees that day, no exaggeration, the food was yummy and I didn't even stuff myself too much!

We then went and played dodgeball for Eric's birthday at my old stake center, and Kristen made another amazing chocolate cake for Eric's birthday.
On new years eve I was kind of burned out and needed a break, actually for like a month and a half I have needed a break so Eric gave me (or pushed me out of the house in) the morning. I headed to the temple and then got my haircut at the DYT salon in Lehi. Then had a fun new years eve bash with games with my family and kids watched movies. It was a good almost full day break from kids and craziness that is December for me. Note to self- friends don't let friends be born or have babies in December, seriously. :)
On New Years Day we went with Eric's family to the museum of natural curiosity at Thanksgiving point. It was pretty awesome!
And Kristen was Anna for Halloween this year, Eric's mom sewed lots of her dress, it turned out amazing! And Avey was also Anna, and they got Ellie an Anna outfit for christmas, so we had three Anna's playing at grandmas! It was really cute!
And then our van broke down on the way back from Portland, an hour past Boise. We were blessed to have a truck repair shop a mile away, and friends we could stay with in Boise last minute (thank you Snyders!) and an awesome mom that found an amazing van on craigslist and the seller let us come see the van at 10:30 that night. And so we bought it the next morning and headed home. I felt really peaceful the whole time, although I should have been really stressed, and I feel like although it was crazy to have our van break down like that, that ultimately it was a blessing from Heavenly Father.









Comments