Our friend Mhanitta wanted to take pictures of our family for her portfolio, so she chose the clothes we wore and the location- Pittock Mansion- which is beautiful by the way. This was my favorite picture of the bunch. I will post more pictures a little later.
Jack had a free Out of this World pizza pass from Kindergarten that was expiring at the end of September, so we went the last week of September and had so much fun!
This was dress like a pirate day and get a free dozen of donuts. I thought they looked quite piratey this year.
Conference as always was AMAZING! We started a new thing where they would take the picture of the apostle and put it in the mini paper pulpit we had created. The kids really liked it, and are really starting to know the names of the apostles.
This is my hubby watching conference. He's really cute.
We were on the activities committee for a fall adult social- and the people over decorations did an incredible job! It was a super fun night, with giant pictionary, group games and ended with pumpkin pie.
We also played human foosball sitting in chairs with beach balls, so fun and funny! Especially when the Bishop dove from his chair to get one of the beach balls and someone yelled "Bishop down!"
Avey's preschool went to a pumpkin patch in the area and I got to tag along with Ellie.
We learned about all the different types of pumpkins.
This was Jack's last soccer game of the season- it was rainy wet and really cold. But surprisingly this was one of the few games with rain or even chilliness. Most of his games were hot and sunny.
Jack getting his medal. He improved so much over the season and even started enjoying it at the end. At the beginning we were bribing him to not do cartwheels during game time, so this is pretty big.
Avey was Anna this year for Halloween, and she would only take a picture before her preschool party like this.
Two ninjas, Anna and a fairy- surprisingly my kids chose their costume ideas a month before and stuck with them until Halloween.
And to document that I do try, we made pumpkin face pancakes for breakfast on Halloween. The kids loved them and thought they were awesome. Mom win.
And we always do a craft on Halloween, and the kids really wanted to make ghosts they had seen hanging at someone's house- so they started without me, got paper and crinkled it around balls and drew faces. I thought it was super creative. We ended up going to a craft store later that day and getting white fabric and dental floss and craft styrofoam balls that could last until next season, and then hung them outside our front door. I forgot to take a picture of those ghosts, but another mom win.
This was right before the trunk or treat, or as we also like to call it this year the torrential downpour.
This was after the torrential downpour. The kids weren't phased though. We came home dried out, watched some Hotel Transylvania and then went back out trick or treating after the rain stopped. One of the streets near us had a bonfire going and apple cider and cookies and brownies- Jack said- best Halloween ever. So another success!
Time Out for Women Portland, or known as TOFW. I love TOFW. So many great talks and amazing piano playing by Josh Wright, and so fun to hang out with these amazing ladies. This year we got a little apt downtown and stayed overnight, and although it took just as long to find the apt as it would have been to drive all the way back to Beaverton because of freeway closures, it was still a really fun night.
Listening to all the talks! Love these ladies!
Lunch time at a Thai restaurant Mhanitta recommended. Yummy chicken and rice.
These beautiful ladies.
Jack showing off his tree climbing skills and the new huge tent we got at a yardsale for $15. It was amazing! I had started reading the book Edenbrook on the way up in the car, and stayed up until 1:30 AM to finish it. That hasn't happened to me for years that I stayed up late to finish a book. It was delightful! I loved the dialogue and would laugh out loud at it. I even read Eric some dialogue the next day. It's kind of like a Jane Austen novel-set in that time but easier to read.
Eric is in charge of camping food, and did an awesome job, we did breakfast burritos this morning.
He's also in charge of the fire and always does an amazing job.
The beach near our campsite. I love the beach so much. It fills my soul with so much happiness. One of the things I love about Portland is a beach is 1.5 hours away. We got a little wet and dirty this trip.
I didn't get a picture of us playing frisbee, but I wasn't too horrible this time and we enjoyed throwing and diving for the frisbee.
We started with a picture of us looking away from the camera and we'll end with us looking away from the camera. :)
Comments