Skip to main content

May

Holy moly!  May is now past.  What a fun filled month!  (and holy moly this is long!)


Technically this was April, but free ice cream day at Ben and Jerry's!  It's right by Eric's work, so we picked him up and went and got it.  Parking was a little tricky that day, but Eric is forgiving and good at improvisation, so we made it.


They even had a lemonade sorbet that Ellie was in heaven with.

A fun family night at the bookstore near our house.  

I love the beach!  So excited to start getting there again this summer!




Art Show!  Yay!  We love Ms. Tressa, and it was so fun to see what the kids worked on all year!

 Here is Avey's flower, and Jack's tower of terror.

 We biked to school one day since Jack had been begging me for weeks.  We encountered lots of construction and detours, but we made it!  And Jack was even on time. (barely)

 Bless Eric!  He took the kids for another Saturday morning for the Home Depot craft so I could have time to myself.
 May the Fourth be with you celebration.  Light Saber and R2D2 and Yoda(not pictured here) cookies

 The Glemsers came to help us celebrate.

We had our instrument day for Sound Beginnings.  

 Here's Avey playing her song, Dr. Knickerbocker, a favorite choice that day.  

Brinley playing/singing  the same song on her triangle.  Loved her dad getting into it with her!

So fun to have the whole family there!

Love this girl in class, so much energy and excitement every single time.

Kate is also excited everyday about music class, and she's playing her finger cymbals here.

 Avey being silly upstairs later when we asked her to pose for the camera.

And then singing at the recital a week later.  They did amazing!  
So delightful watching them up on stage.  (and having them in class!)

First years playing their bells.  

Their genie faces from the puppet show were cracking me up.

 Then the second years took the stage, Jack was so excited to play his piece on the piano.  He has made some amazing progress this year, I'm really proud of his hard work and dedication.

 The Pirate Ship puppet show.

 We did it!  We made it through the recital!

 Avey's music certificate for the year.

 Jack got a special award- Jedi practicer for being a nearly perfect practicer.  He got a mini light saber.

I was given beautiful flowers and cards from my wonderful parents and students.  
I love teaching these amazing kids!

 Avey wanted to take her own picture with the flowers.

 These flowers were so beautiful!  Some of the most beautiful I had seen!  Love them!

 A rabbit we saw on a bike ride down our new bike path by our house!

At the park, love this kid.



 Love this girl.  Fun Sunday snuggle.

 Our trees bloomed even more gloriously this year than I remember they did in the past two years.

 Technically this also happened in April.  Our good friends got us a gift to the Portland City Grill, one of the nicest restaurants we have in Portland and it sits on top of a tall building overlooking the city.

 Trying to decide what to get, so many amazing choices.

 Eric said his filet mignon was one of the best steaks he has ever had in his life.  And my pork, also some of the best food I have ever eaten.

 Isn't that view AMAZING!?!
 And a blurry picture to show Eric was there too.

 Singing with my Cantico Choir at the Farmer's Market.

 Jack at the Father and Son's campout- smore hands.

 Our cantico choir concert went well, crazy night with stake conference for my stake, but happy for the sound and fun we had singing the songs.

 The Greens were my salvation!  So happy they could make it with their girls, and I could have a few people I knew in the audience.

 We went to the great wolf lodge over memorial day weekend.

 This is how Ellie felt pretty much the whole time we were there.

 We got a wand and the kids had a blast lighting things up all over the resort with it.

 Obligatory blurry stranger taking a picture in front of the bear seat thing.

 This is how Ellie swam there.  :)  She pretty much just cuddled with us or slept in the stroller.  
Poor girl, glad that's out of our system now.

 The kids had a blast though, so much fun!

 Climbing on a leap frog pad.  Eric and I even went on a waterslide together, some nice man Eric went on another waterslide with watched our kids for 5 minutes so we could go down together.  I like waterslides with tubes.

 Cub club, playing bingo and they played musical chairs before this.  

 We then went to Seattle, and the Chantry's, friends from Provo, made us dinner.  Their house is beautiful inside, and is set in the woods, so it's also beautiful outside.  Such great people, and so giving.  So grateful we could hang out.

Went to our Seattle hotel, and this is what Saturday morning looked like.  
Jack threw up.  (Yay he got what Ellie did!) 

So this is where he stayed the next 7 hours.  Asleep, curled up in the edge of the stroller.

Ellie has been pointing to noses and eyes lately.  Really cute.

So that means, we had an awesome time at the science museum with Avey!  

A beautiful butterfly garden.  

Watching the fake whales.

It was actually kind of easy at the museum since these two kids just stayed in the stroller, and I just had one child to watch.  But sad they were not feeling well.

And our space needle picture.  Love going on adventures with this guy.

Comments

ja said…
I love to look on those photos of your family! So cute, little Ellie super cute! :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....