We had the opportunity to go on an overnighter in Astoria at the end of October. Our kids went to our friends the Green's house in Vancouver. (They were awesome enough to even take Ellie!)
We got a groupon to an Inn in Astoria that also had some museum passes attached to it, so to Astoria we went.
It was a perfect time to be in Astoria, and we had a blast!
The view from the Astoria column.
At the bottom of the column. It's pretty high up.
As we were going up the column a group of boyscouts ascended at the same time and so the stairs started vibrating and my body started going into fight or flight mode, I started getting a little dizzy, and couldn't quite ever feel comfortable at the top. But here I am at the top.
We went to a movie museum that was really just a whole bunch of goonie stuff.
We then went to the Flavel house, it was big and old and beautiful. It reminded me of my great grandma Droubey's house in Tooele actually. Well this one was bigger, but similar style.
We also had some delicious clam chowder and fish tacos with fish they fly in from Hawaii, but I don't have a picture of that.
This pretty much sums up how awesome the trip was. Just smiling and laughing and remembering how Eric is my best and most favorite person to be with in the whole world. Awesome awesome!
We got a groupon to an Inn in Astoria that also had some museum passes attached to it, so to Astoria we went.
It was a perfect time to be in Astoria, and we had a blast!
We got there and found out they had free bike rentals and a 2 mile path that lined the waterfront so we hopped on some bikes and rode until it was really dark. And yes Eric has a girl bike. The person at the desk said those were the best ones, and they were! They rode great!
I love water. It was extra gorgeous right at sunset.
Selfies are the best!
These waffles were the MOST amazing waffles I have ever eaten in my life. I am not exaggerating. I probably ate 9 of those little circles. They were the perfect texture and flavor. I am wanting to go back to eat them right now.
Isn't that beautiful? At the base of the Astoria column.
The view from the Astoria column.
At the bottom of the column. It's pretty high up.
As we were going up the column a group of boyscouts ascended at the same time and so the stairs started vibrating and my body started going into fight or flight mode, I started getting a little dizzy, and couldn't quite ever feel comfortable at the top. But here I am at the top.
We went to a movie museum that was really just a whole bunch of goonie stuff.
We then went to the Flavel house, it was big and old and beautiful. It reminded me of my great grandma Droubey's house in Tooele actually. Well this one was bigger, but similar style.
We also had some delicious clam chowder and fish tacos with fish they fly in from Hawaii, but I don't have a picture of that.
This pretty much sums up how awesome the trip was. Just smiling and laughing and remembering how Eric is my best and most favorite person to be with in the whole world. Awesome awesome!










Comments