Skip to main content

May Utah trip 2013

We went to Utah for almost two weeks this past May.  It was FANTASTIC!!  We had so much fun seeing so many great friends and family and catching up.  Eric was able to work from the Salt Lake office for part of the time, so we were able to be in Utah almost two weeks.

The first half of the week I didn't really take any pictures. I was just enjoying being with people and forgot about documenting.  The second week I tried to better, but still missed some people.  Not a reflection of you at all!  I was just enjoying you so much I forgot to document it!

We went to Scheel's in Draper with Nikki and her two cute kids Lucas and Ellie.  This is Avey ready to "shoot her shot"

Holding the baby in a huge tire!

Trying to keep the baby alive. 

They have a huge merry go round that Jack was able to go on with Nikki while I stayed with the girls.  Avey was going to go next with me but the line took a long time, and we had to go, so I told her she could have a treat instead and she happily accepted that.  

We played with our cute friends Everly and Anna at the City Creek indoor dinosaur playground

It was great!


We then went to the fountains and Anna said they have a rule that you can't wear swimming suits in the fountains, so we just got our clothes wet and then changed into our dry swimming suits.  Worked for us!

Becca, Amy and I had a girl's night out, and ended up at Saver's and then getting some frozen yogurt at Menchies.  Ellie joined in on the fun, but I don't think Becca ever got her color right.  :)

We visited my grandma down in Provo while Eric was at work one day.

Becca came too to help with planting some flowers.

My uncle Frank and Aunt Lisa were there.  It was Lisa's birthday!  My mom had also brought some delicious curry to eat with all of us!

My kids even got in on the gardening service action.  

We then went swimming with our grandma Carol and Uncles.  My mom actually just dropped my brothers off, she didn't end up swimming.

Uncle Micah and Uncle Jonathan.

Daddy and Avey!

Right after swimming Amy and I went to a Dress Your Truth night with Carol Tuttle.  I LOVE her Child Whisperer book and was so happy to meet her in person and learn more about her energy profiling info.  So great!

On Thursday we went to Mandi and Brandon's house, and we were THRILLED to finally get to see Scott and Caleb's famous Mario wall! (Scott didn't want to be in the picture)

Ellie and Katelyn liked being next to each other again.

And Caleb and Avey are a hoot!  Here they are playing Mario Kart to save the princess.  

The second half of Thursday we went to Thanksgiving Point with the Stevenson grandparents and Heidi.

Avey putting together a dinosaur bones puzzle

Playing at the sand/water table.

This is the best picture I got of Avey smiling and looking at me.  I tried like 6 times.  :)

Jack making a sand angel.

Of course we ate ice-cream for a snack

We then went to Farm Country and rode some ponies, and even milked a cow!  

This was on the wagon ride.

We then ate a delicious dinner at the Deli.  Jack pretending he's Ellie.

Ellie kissing daddy

How she normally looks with her fingers inside her mouth.  I think it's been at least two months like that now.  


We then had a super fun surprise and saw Kristen and Glenn who were randomly in town for the weekend!  We went to a park at Daybreak and had a blast!

Jack climbed to the top of this by himself.

The kids rode these crazy structures and got going pretty fast.

And they slid down this skate ramp thing.  I think Glenn got a hole in his shirt, but it was super fun!

We visited Eric's grandparents in SLC, although this picture is from seeing them on Memorial Day.  

And then stopped by and saw Eric's brother who works for Avalanche, Disney's gaming studio in Salt Lake.  He was crazy busy, but kind enough to let us see his work space and a few cool things he's working on.

Avey then got her ferris wheel ride at Scheel's with daddy.


We slept overnight in Provo at Dave's house. And then went swimming at his pool in the morning with the Petersen's.  This is Zeke, both Dave and Zeke have had heart surgery- they were buddies!

This is Jenn, she's pretty much a rockstar!  Love talking to this girl!


The boys talking on the end.

The boys making mac and cheese for lunch, which Eric apparently does not do correctly!

All of us with our crazy kids.  We met them when Andelyn was a few months old.  And now she's 6!


We had a Braintrust party on Saturday night.  Another SUPER fun time!  Steve and Diane are adopting by the way and will make the BEST parents!  If you know of anyone looking to place a baby have them look at Steve and Diane's blog!

We had a fun time with dinner at my mom's house Sunday.

Amy and Ellie buddies.

On Memorial Day we went to the annual Stevenson Memorial Day picnic at his aunt Annette's house.

And Heidi just laying Ellie on the hard table.  

We also celebrated Amy's birthday that night.  The weather was beautiful, and the party was great.  Avey an Jack are giving her their presents right now.

The birthday girl!

My cute mom, dad and Josh

The decorations were so cute!

Becca trying out the hat on Ellie.

So pictures we missed out on, eating dinner with the Rasband's, and seeing their cute new baby boy! hanging with Valerie and her cute new baby girl, Kristi Bassett always great, dessert with the Buchanan's, my fantastic music training, Eric's office party, and lots of immediate family time.   Can't wait to see you all next time!

Comments

The pictures bring the memories alive again. Thank you for your generous time with us. Your family makes us laugh, smile, and rejoice all at once. We love you!
Wow! You DID cram a lot into your time here! Missing you!
Nikki said…
It was so good to see you and your cute kids!
Hannah said…
This was such a fun blog to read and HOLY COW were you busy! I don't know how the kids stayed on top of it all, but that is amazing! I wish I planned better and made the time... next time!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....