Skip to main content

Easter in Utah

My brother is headed on a mission to Indonesia in May and so we decided to take a road trip to see him before he left over Easter weekend.  

We traveled in our NEW van, and it was AWESOME!  I loved all the space to stretch out and put things and still not feel cramped.  So blessed!


 We played "prince and princesses" with grandma and uncle Jonathan right after getting there.


 We ate a yummy dinner, Avey and Caleb crack me up when they are together.

 The other boys. 

 These cute cousins got to meet for the first time, Katelyn is so cute!

 Mandi had gotten a groupon for passes to Jungle Jim's Playland, so we went there Friday morning.  Jack and Avey were in heaven!

 Ellie got to spend some quality grandpa time there while I made sure my other kids were safe.

 Bumper cars are always great.

 Jack went on this crazy fast rollercoaster 10 times in a row.  It also goes backwards.  

 Avey went on this carousel 6 times in a row, 4 times with grandma until grandma almost lost her lunch and I relieved her.  

 Going on a safari!

 These two Ellies also got to meet.  They are a couple of months apart, but are sure to be great friends.  

 I just had to put a picture in here of Jack holding Ellie.  Pretty much this is what both of my kids wish they could do all day long.  And pretty much Ellie wishes she could just lay on the floor and kick her feet and not be touched all day long.  

We LOVED the symphony on Saturday morning with all the spanish music.  They played two pieces from the music classes I teach, so the kids were pretty excited to be familiar with some of the songs.

 Jack loved playing the violin at the instrument petting zoo after.

 Avey liked it too, but Jack wanted to show her the right way to play.

 We also met this cute Aubrey for the first time.  She is a doll, and Avey loved playing with her.  

 We had a fun easter egg hunt.  My mom had the genius idea to hide colors of eggs for the kids, so Avey got pink eggs, Jack got green ones, and then all the kids got the same number of eggs and only could take their color.  It worked out great for all the ages and abilities.

 The egg finding crew.

 All the cute grandbaby girls from the past year.

 And the grandma of all the grandgirls.  

 Grandpa reading the kids a book about their trip to Israel a few years ago on Easter morning

 Avey in her beautiful new Easter dress from grandma Barrus.

 The easter tomb cake Eric made for dinner.

And Ellie's cute Easter dress, and how we all felt about going back.  It was a fun quick trip, that also involved shopping at the local Savers and finding some great things, lots of talking and laughing (it's a family picture miracle!) coordinating picture outfits, yummy food, and we can't wait to come out again in May!  

Comments

Yay! Pictures! Trip to Utah! Coming back in May! We miss you all SO much! LOVED your visit, but it was too short.
Petersen Palace said…
I miss you already! I hope we get SO much more time together in May!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....