Skip to main content

Easter Weekend

As always I'm trying to play catchup here- but catchup of the last two weeks isn't as bad as catch up on the last 2 months. :)

We went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. It was fantastic and inspiring. We wanted to enjoy the exhibit and so didn't take any pictures, but this was from the exhibit next door, art with words/books was the theme. So this is a tower made of books. Kind of fun.



Becca came to corral our kids so we could enjoy the exhibit, she is the best! This is Avey just lounging in her arms at lunch.


The next day we had a disneyland party with Eric's family to get us excited about the trip, and talk about details. Kristen and Carol planned most of it, and it was so fun!

This is our Disneyland countdown chain- everyday Jack has been able to take a chain off to let him know when we leave for CA. We're down to one chain!


Then they do the Disneyland dance.


We had a cake decorating contest. Ours was in last place for sure. Art is not Eric or my strength. But it was super colorful and happy! If you notice there is a movie being projected on the wall behind us, Eric put together a disney montage of tons of famous disney movie clips. Everyone loved it.


We also celebrated Larry's birthday while everyone was there. Kristen made a big Mickey Mouse cupcake cake. Here's them and all the grandkids.


The only unfortunate part was Cayson fell off the swing set and broke his arm. But he was super excited about his cast, so maybe it was a win in the end !?!?!


Then this past weekend we went up to Logan for a wedding reception of my good friend Nicole from BYU-Idaho. We visited Eric's brother and fam who live up there, and got lots of pictures of them, but of course no pictures of Nicole and the reception. (It was late when we got there, and the kids were tired and ready for bed, so we didn't stay too long, and I was too distracted.) Oh well, we'll hang out with Nicole and her husband soon and post pictures then.

Here's us at a park before we got to Mark's house.

Jack "climbing up the rock wall"


Balancing on the edge of the cement.


Swinging with daddy.


Playing soccer with Mark


Annie and little Lucy

Daddy and his Avey



I love this picture of Lydia and Jack and Avey.


Avey fell down the slide on her face. It was bloody, but not anything serious thankfully.


Jack and his cousins LOVED playing with this program that recorded them and then stretched and swirled their picture.


Little Lucy sleeping.


And then some Easter fun!


We had an Easter egg hunt on Saturday at a park by my aunts house in Pleasant Grove. It was COLD! But still fun.


Avey didn't quite understand what was going on. We would hand her an egg and help her put it in the basket, but she never really caught on to pick it up and put it in herself.


She loved holding the bag after figuring out there were treats in the eggs.


Hunting for eggs.


Sharing the easter egg loot.


Because it was so cold- the boys ended up going inside the church to play basketball.


The kids had fun on the stage.


Scott is teaching Jack how to draw on the chalk board without chalk. You can just lick your finger and it leaves a mark!



Jack loved learning about Jesus and the resurrection too. He kept talking about it, and wanting to watch a church movie about Easter. It was really touching to see how much he really did care that Jesus was getting hurt and people spit on him, and then he died and was alive! (In his words) I love being a mom in those moments.

Last night was Baskin Robbins 31 cent scoop night.

Jack and Avey sure love their ice cream.



I guess mommy likes it too.


Jack getting hog tied just because.


Eric being CTR man on Sunday for the Primary. Oh! And I got a new calling. I'm the new Primary Chorister. It will be a party I'm sure.

And that's it for now! We'll be back in a week and post pictures of our trip to Disneyland, yay!! (Eric's parent's are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary and wanted all their kids and grandkids to go to Disneyland with them, so off we go.)

Comments

*Aliese* said…
Have fun on your trip! I love big, family vacations to Disneyland; they're my very favorite.
Have a great time on your trip! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, but I did kiss the kids. Hope you have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....