Skip to main content

Brooke's birthday trip

We finally got higher speed internet that allows me to actually upload pictures. Hooray! That means more posts, and some catching up to do. Starting with my birthday!

This year Eric wanted to take me to Italy for my birthday. Since that was a "little" out of our budget, he planned and successfully executed a trip around the world instead.

He gave me a passport that I took to all my destinations and had people sign write little messages to me. It's fun to flip through even now.

We started the morning in HAWAII with a hula workout video. Ummm. I don't know how those Hawaiian dancers stay so little, because I don't think my heart even jumped once while trying to do it just like it said, but I kind of modified the workout after a few minutes and started feeling more of a cardio workout. Anyway after a quick shower and bringing the kids to my parent's house we we were off to our next destination:

FRANCE!
We went to the Dalton's house for some crepes. Because crepes are French. :)

The master crepe maker.

Partaking of the crepe goodness. It was so good.

French Charades.

The whole crew.
It was great to hang out with my high school friends and their spouses. They're such a great group. Thanks Daltons for hosting and the rest of you for showing up!

BRAZIL!!!

I LOVED the decorations in Brazil, they were amazing!


The people were very friendly.

And the food was yummy and so authentic.

I loved the Brazilian music and Brazilian scattergories game, although Mandi killed us, it was still really fun. Thanks Mandi, Brandon, Scott and Caleb!

GERMANY!

Arriving in Deutchland.

Wow- they have cool clothes here!

YUMMY trifle in German colors. MMMMM. Although it did turn our mouths black...





The other food was amazing too though. Bratworst in beer sauce minus beer, German potato salad, authentic german bread, and hotdogs for the little ones.

Do you see the cool Autobahn poster in the back?

Bananagrams- such a great party game, and fun even in Germany when you don't know any german words.

THAILAND!


Authentic attire.

Authentic decorations and AMAZING thai food. My mouth is watering just thinking of the curry, chicken kabobs with peanut sauce, salad, and mango sticky rice.


My mom with the AMAZING curry.

Little ones helping me open presents.

The fun travelers with me here.

ITALY!!!

We decided our kids were a little tired out, so we put them to bed and headed off to our last destination in Provo, I mean Italy.

One of my best friends, Jenn. This party was right before her little 7 week baby went in the hospital for RSV and a heart murmur. To read more about it go here, and to donate money to help them out, go here.


Amy, such a fun person that I was so glad to see!

Again, these Petersens are AMAZING!!!!

Christina- I hadn't seen her for a year and a half- it was such a delight! We also had Italian sodas with the Petersen's subzero ice cream flavorings, cream, crushed ice and sprite. mmmm.

Tiffany. Such a fun Provo person.

And Jessica the hostess- who got me such a cool Italian decorated cake too!

We then took a flight back to West Jordan and crashed about 11 PM. It was such an amazing day. One that I will never forget. I loved all the amazing and different foods, but more importantly, I loved seeing so many of the people that are so important in my life.
Thanks Eric, for the best birthday EVER!

Comments

Becca said…
Your husband ROCKS. I'm glad you had such a fun birthday!
Anna said…
Your husband is so clever. What a great birthday. I can't imagine Joe doing that much planning--it stresses him out! Kudos to Eric, nice work.
Maxmomma said…
What a cool birthday!!! I LOVE IT! Way to go Eric! Happy belated Birthday Brooke! We love and miss you guys! We hope California can be on that world tour list soon!
That sounds so fun! I'm glad you had such a happy birthday. I can't believe you fit that all into one day.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....