Skip to main content

Eric = 30

Eric turned the big 3-0 this year. With moving and Christmas and my brother's wedding I wasn't able to do as much as I was hoping for this big life event, but family and friends both pulled through (even in the huge snowstorm this week!) and we had a rocking party for him on Wednesday. The theme of the party was hats.


Here's Kristen making the amazing hat cake

(Those are playing cards on the front that read 3 and 0 for 30)


The food was soooo good.

Everyone brought an appetizer since that's Eric's favorite kind of food.

That's our friend Dave making the crazy face. They braved the snow all the way from Orem!


Joe and Everly in their hats.


The fam also showing off their crazy hats.


Eric's only request for his birthday this year was that there be 30 candles on it for him to blow out.


He didn't quite get them out on his first blow, but I'll still let him turn 30.


My mom cutting the cake. It was so yummy.


RC Helicopter with gyro something and other really cool technical things.

Eric says it's the easiest to use and and the best helicopter he has ever flown.

Thanks mom and dad!


A Dwight poster from the Office.


Amy and her cute niece.


Heidi getting into Blokus


The rest of the Blokus crowd.


Blink players.


Jack and Lucas "playing" air hockey. With Bryan and Nikki's help.


Nikki and Anna


The whole group

(Don't forget to look at the two boys peeking up from behind the whiteboard)


Super fun! Thanks everyone!



Then on Eric's actual birthday because of all the snow he

made a snow fort and then slept in it then next night.

I'm just grateful he didn't ask me to sleep in it with him!






At about 3 PM I took Eric to Neptune Scuba Diving. In October I saw a groupon deal for an introductory scuba lesson at this place. I knew we would be home for sure at Christmas for my brother's wedding, and I had enough in my paypal account for the deeply discounted scuba lesson. I also knew I wanted Eric to have a different experience on his 30th, and I was hoping this could be it. Eric said he absolutely loved it, and wants to soon go out in the real water. We'll see about that once he gets a job. :)


Getting the gear on.


Almost ready. The sign that all is good to go- o.k.

Not a thumbs up. That means you want to go up to the surface.

Hanging loose in the pool.

Doing handstands in the water.


After an hour and a half of scuba diving, we then dropped by Eric's grandparent's house for a few minutes since we were so close to downtown, and then we went and saw the lights at temple square, since I hadn't seen them for so many years. They were stunning as always.


A fabulous birthday surprise was running into Heidi McBride, her husband Ward and little girl Abigail. They had recently moved to Minnesota, but were visiting for the holidays. Heidi was one of Eric's best friends from high school and much of the goodness in him today comes from Heidi. It was so great running into her.


We ended the night eating at Macaroni Grill with a gift card we received from Christmas.

This is us kissing at the restaurant. :)


All in all, it was great day. Made all the better because Eric's parents watched the kids from

3PM on for us so we could have some great time out with just us.


Happy 30th honey! I love you! And wish you at least 60 more good years!

Comments

Andrea said…
What an exciting birthday! I'm sorry we missed the party. Those little ones can be very unpredictable.
I'm glad you had such a great day and I look forward to hanging out and playing games soon. How fun that you are back in Utah!!
Brandon said…
1. You totally should have rearranged everyone else's schedules so we could be there. You missed out.

2. Nice snow fort. Eric is braver than me.
That looks fun! Is Heidi Eric's sister? I remember her from a class or something at BYU-I.
Brooke said…
Heidi is Eric's sister, but she didn't go to BYU-Idaho. She did go to West Jordan though. :)
Maxmomma said…
What fun! Cool ways to celebrate- I especially love the idea of a mad hatter's party! I am jealous of that shot on temple square... it needs one more couple in it :). You look fantastic, by the way. That shot where you are handing your mom a plate for Eric's birthday- what a cute figure!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....