Skip to main content

Visitors

I'm actually going to be posting everyday this week to get caught up on documenting our Washington DC trip, but this event came first and was great!!!

We had some visitors at our house! Eric's parents were going to Jerusalem for the week with Eric's other aunts and uncles. On their way back they were stopping at JFK and decided to layover for a few days to see us. It was great!

They showed up on Friday morning and Jack loved having his grandparents at his own house!



Then Eric and his parents went to see the town and Springfield College while the kiddos slept. A little after that our great friend Mary came over with pizza. Then Mary, Eric and I went to usher at the Barenaked Ladies concert while the grandparents watched the kids for us!


And although it was Eric's first time ushering they gave him a headset to be in charge of the three of us in the balcony. (Ok, so none of us wanted the headset, and Eric graciously offered to take it. I'm not quite sure what he was going for with this pose.) :)

The concert was super fun and free which definitely made it better.

The next day we went to the Eric Carle Museum. You know, the Hungry Caterpillar author? Or as Jack says the "ungri atapilla". I love Eric Carle's style with the bold colors, unique shapes and strong lines.




Then we ate at Friendly's. A New England restaurant we had been trying to get to for the whole time we were out here. Eric's parent's were gracious enough to treat us to it, so another goal marked off our list! It was delicious and super kid friendly, even if the booths were a little squishy, we still had a fun time.



Jack and Avey pulling their hoods over each other's eyes.


I love Carol's face here!


Last off we stopped at the Yankee Candle Company. It's a company that sells candles, but also crafts/decorations/gifts/toys/and almost anything else you can think of. It was really a fun place to check out.


Miracle! We're all looking at the camera on the first try!




Announcing the royal family...


Ready to run.


Ready to go back to Springfield.


Lastly we celebrated Carol's birthday Sunday night. It was super fun! With our butterfly hats, plates and party favors how could we not have a fun time?




Those candles say she is turning 28, (The only candles we had on hand) so that's what we went with. Happy 28th birthday Carol!

Thanks for the groceries, the talking and traveling with us. It was a blast, we can't wait to see you soon!

Comments

Brandon said…
Holy smokes, Friendly's. You should have gotten a watermelon ice cream cake.
Brooke said…
That is one thing I regret, the watermelon cake. It's seasonal and unfortunately I didn't get one while in season.
Maxmomma said…
Looks like a blast! So fun to see Eric's parents too- what good people!
HappyDay_KT said…
Funny to admit this *blush* I forgot Eric had parents! I've never seen or heard anything about them yet. They're cute!
Love the pic of his mommy blowing a party favor :D
We are glad that people realize the we are Eric's parents. Eric and Brooke were gracious and wonderful hosts. They made our stay wonderful. OK Jack and Avey really helped make the stay great.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....