
I really tell myself when I stop at yard sales- I am just looking for shoes for Jack or some other little thing. I only have $3 to spend total. Really. That's all I give myself, and if I want more we have a few more quarters I can scrounge up in the car. But quarters are what I use to pay at yard sales. A month ago, I found a Thomas the Train Ultimate set- regularly $150 in the store, the box at the yard sale said $8, the guy said he would give it to me for $5. (I promise I didn't haggle him down from $8, he just said $5 would be fine for it!)

It had 4 extra Thomas train figures that didn't go in the set, but could have sold new in the stores for $12 each and he said all the pieces were there. Eric and Jack put it together one Saturday while I was out, I don't know who had more fun, Jack or Eric.

It's true, all the pieces were there and is quite the steal. Last Saturday I found another part to the set for $1. Not that we really need more toys, but seriously- $1? I could totally make money on ebay with both of these purchases if my son wasn't so into trains, and my husband as well apparently.
But I digress. So when I saw this Little Tykes car at someone's yard sale offhandedly I asked how much he wanted for it. He said $1. What?!? He said do you want to pay more than that? I said no thank you, and here you go! So although I still haven't found more church shoes for Jack at any yard sales yet, I have gotten some fun toys for Jack. And Jack and Avey had a party with the car yesterday.

We have a rule that cars drive in the street or the road, and people walk on the sidewalk. When we cross the street we have to hold mom or dad's hand. But yesterday Jack just kept on going like he was going to go in the street, so I called after him Jack, stop, street. (We use very primitive language to evoke understanding at our house.) He stopped, looked back at me and said car, street, car, street. He wanted to drive his "car" in the street. What a clever boy.
Comments
Thanks for sharing such wonderful visions with us.