Skip to main content

Cake Balls

I love cake balls. I don't quite remember where I first heard about them, but I love mixing my ice cream and cake together and this is that same taste. Yum. I made a bunch for book club last week and so documented the process for all of you.

First you bake the cake. Just like normal from the package.


Then you break the cake up into a bowl


Next put 3/4 to a full can of frosting in it. And mix it up with your hands until the frosting is all mixed in. This is easier to do if your frosting is a different color than your cake. Because the color of the frosting will get completely absorbed in the color of the cake.


All mixed in



Take that frosting/cake concoction and roll them into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I found that if your hands are a little bit wet they won't stick to your hands too much. Or you can use a little cookie scoop if you have one.


Then stick in your freezer until frozen.

You can also dip them in chocolate if you so desire. I do sometimes and not others.

This was a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but I have also done these flavors together.

My favorite- chocolate cake (with peanut butter instead of oil in the cake) with vanilla frosting mixed with 1 cup peanut butter. Can I say chocolate and peanut butter are the most amazing things ever?!!?? (I would recommend creamy not chunky peanut butter however.)
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Party cake with vanilla frosting- coated with white chocolate
Cherry Chip cake with Cherry frosting coated with semi-sweet chocolate

Have you heard of these, and if so what flavors have you found to be amazing together?

Enjoy.

Comments

Mandi said…
I loved these when you made them for Matt's homecoming! I need to try them out. I'm sure Brandon would be overjoyed with the peanut butter/chocolate kind.
I have a friend that makes these! They are so delicious! Thanks for sharing the super easy recipe! You are Awesome!
Jenny said…
So yummy! We make them with lemon cake and cream cheese frosting and then dip them in white chocolate.
Clarisa said…
Red Velvet Cake & cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate :D

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....