Jack's birthday fell on Father's day this year, and with his Aunt Kristen going home the morning of his birthday we decided to have his birthday party celebration the Friday before.
It was really really fun.
We made a train cake, and had so many fun people come to celebrate with Jack. He had so much fun, and LOVED his dairy free "cake cake" (Things he really likes he says twice, like like cook cook for cookies, choo choo for trains and crack crack- for crackers- I guess that's kind of funny.) and otter pops instead of ice-cream/ Anyway Kristen and I had so much fun making the cake, and I decided she'll just have to be around for the next birthdays to help, because I don't know how brave I will be making a similar cake by myself. Here are some fun pictures of the special occasion.











And our cute neighbor Zoe who just turned five and is at the right of Jack was so excited after we sang happy birthday to Jack she blew out the candle before Jack knew what was going on. It was cute, we re-lit the candle and resang to him so Jack could have his chance. He blew it out on the first blow.





We had so much fun and are so glad for all the support we had. Special thanks to Zach Holland for many of the pictures. We missed all the rest of you that couldn't be there, but one more quick funny story. My mom sent a package with individual presents to Jack for his birthday and we decided to wait and open those presents for him on Sunday. Well, Avey didn't go down for her nap like usual, and when Jack woke up Avey had just fallen asleep. I decided to catch up on a few minutes of sleep rather than get him right away, so Jack had some "free time" to himself in his room. After about 15 minutes I heard some rustling of papers and ripping, so I went in to see what was going on. As I walked in, I saw the wrapping paper from my family's presents all over the room and Jack saying "berfday, elmo" "berfday presents". There was an elmo sticker book and elmo toy they had sent for him. He was so happy and proud of himself, and was like I have this birthday present opening thing down!
It was really really fun.
We made a train cake, and had so many fun people come to celebrate with Jack. He had so much fun, and LOVED his dairy free "cake cake" (Things he really likes he says twice, like like cook cook for cookies, choo choo for trains and crack crack- for crackers- I guess that's kind of funny.) and otter pops instead of ice-cream/ Anyway Kristen and I had so much fun making the cake, and I decided she'll just have to be around for the next birthdays to help, because I don't know how brave I will be making a similar cake by myself. Here are some fun pictures of the special occasion.
We had so much fun and are so glad for all the support we had. Special thanks to Zach Holland for many of the pictures. We missed all the rest of you that couldn't be there, but one more quick funny story. My mom sent a package with individual presents to Jack for his birthday and we decided to wait and open those presents for him on Sunday. Well, Avey didn't go down for her nap like usual, and when Jack woke up Avey had just fallen asleep. I decided to catch up on a few minutes of sleep rather than get him right away, so Jack had some "free time" to himself in his room. After about 15 minutes I heard some rustling of papers and ripping, so I went in to see what was going on. As I walked in, I saw the wrapping paper from my family's presents all over the room and Jack saying "berfday, elmo" "berfday presents". There was an elmo sticker book and elmo toy they had sent for him. He was so happy and proud of himself, and was like I have this birthday present opening thing down!
Comments
Happy birthday, little guy!