Skip to main content

Trip to Utah

I always start my day off by scanning a few deal blogs and checking my email. I like to do this at the beginning of the day, so if something comes up that is a must do deal I can remember to go to Jamba Juice for a free smoothie that night for family night or whatnot.

Monday started as any other. I checked my email and saw that Jet Blue was having its 10 year anniversary sale. I saw that they were offering $10 deals for the remaining seats on their flights the next two days. (Tue and Wed- so I could not get the $10 flight for two weeks out or two months later) I checked it not really expecting to see any flights from Massachusetts to Salt Lake, but thought why not. Low and behold they did have several flights out on Tuesday and Wednesday. (For $20 because it was technically two flights one from Boston to JFK and then JFK out to Salt Lake) I started to get excited since my brother is coming home from his mission this month and I REALLY wanted to come out to see him and have him meet his niece and nephew. However I didn't think I could because flights were always too expensive for us, even if just Jack, Avey and I went out.

That was at 9:30 AM EST. I called my mom and talked to her, and was just dying to tell Eric who would be off shift at 11 AM. I told myself if it was meant to be, the tickets would still be there when he got home. As he got home we worked out that he would not be able to come out because of his work schedule and starting new classes again, but that I could come out on my own and Eric's sister could fly back to help with the kids on the plane and then spend a few days in Massachusetts with us.

My brother gets home May 25th. I wanted at least a week with him before going back to Mass, and then found out Eric's grandpa was having his 80th birthday party a few days after that, and then there was also his niece's baptism that same day. So I am here for one month.

We flew out Wednesday and got to Utah that night. The flight wasn't too bad considering I was by myself with a toddler and an infant, but let's be honest I am not looking forward to be flying 5 1/2 hours straight with them again. But then again who usually does?

I haven't really contacted anyone, because it was so last minute, and then for some reason jet lag has been a little harder to get used to this time for my cute two little kids. So we have mainly just seen our two families, but I would love to see more people. Please don't be offended if I haven't called you personally yet to set up a time to see you, just call me and tell me when you're available and if I can get a car or if you can come see me at my parents or the Stevensons that would be fabulous.

Thanks for your friendship, and hopefully I will be able to see many of you while I'm out here!

Hooray for $20 flights from Boston!

Comments

Maxmomma said…
Brooke! That is so exciting! Congrats and enjoy!
Joel and Becky said…
Brooke! Fantastic deal! Way to go!! If you come to Provo hollar! I'd love to see you & your darling kids!
Unknown said…
Wow! I can't believe that deal! Amazing! We would love to see you! I'm not sure when, but I can think on it. I hope Eric does okay without you for a whole month. Tell him to hang in there!
*Aliese* said…
And that is why I LOVE JetBlue! Seriously. I would rather fly with them anyway because having your own TV is pretty much awesome. :) Anyway, since I still live 300+miles from the SLC area, it's not looking like our paths with cross soon, but enjoy the extended vacation with friends and family!!
Mandi said…
Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! Can you believe Matt will be home? I'm super excited for him to meet your kids and see how much Scott has grown.
Eliason 5 said…
It was so fun to see you guys yesterday! I was bummed that I didn't have a chance to even say hi. Sundays are always so crazy. Congrats on your brother. That's so exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....