Skip to main content

Utah in a nutshell

I don't really know how to blog about the past two weeks. Lots and lots of amazing people and experiences I will cherish over the next few months here in Mass. Thanks Larry and Carol for flying us out- it was really so fabulous. I also didn't get very many pictures taken- (I'm just not a good picture taker.) so sorry if I miss any of you in all of it. (I actually missed tons of picture moments.) It really was a whirlwind two weeks. And this is going to be a crazy random post of all the random pictures I do have.


Here's dinner at Pei Wei with the Hakes. (What fabulous friends for taking us out!) Crab Wontons- AMAZING! I guess anything fried is delicious, but these were exceptional. :)


Wheeling around Heidi at Avey's blessing

Eric's 3-D glasses from the first movie he has seen in 5 months, Avatar

What a fun Provo party!


Jack swimming in all the toys, seriously so cute and funny.


Hanging out at the Marshall's in their bumbo

Phones are not just good for talking, but eating too.

What an awesome party for the twins at Chuck E. Cheese- Jack loved it!
Driving with Jack's friend Taylor

Watching America's funniest home videos-
remember the grandma that lost her teeth while skydiving?

A great representation of how we felt nearing the end of the trip.

And coming back to Mass. Love the day flying rather than the four day driving trip.

And just to recap- having our meet Avey party; dinner with the Hakes; party with Anna, Joe, Nikki, Bryan, Valerie and Mike; birthday party with my fam; Avey's blessing; my mom's birthday, hanging with Eric's family; party with Neisha, Aaron, Martha, Ben and Vanessa; lunch with grandparents at Costa Vida, dinner with the Goldsberry's and sleeping over at the Hakes; Chuck E. Cheese twin party, Provo party and sleeping at Dave's; all you can eat french toast breakfast at Kneaders, lunch with Haley and Todd, dinner with Allen and Cami, sleeping at the Marshall's; going back to our old ward, family pictures by Clark, Footes and Peterson's, extended Killian family dinner, seeing Mary and Howard and fam; driving to Logan to see Mark and Annie, Stevenson and Barrus family party; packing and seeing both our families one last time; getting to the airport, having a much calmer trip back than our trip here, Mary picking us up (a and dropping us off) and making it back to our apartment in one piece.

Whew! Thanks again especially to everyone but especially to both our parents where we stayed most of the trip, and had so much fun in the process. Jack, Avey, Eric and I are experiencing some great withdrawals at the moment.

Comments

Unknown said…
That sounded like such an awesome trip! I'm jealous you didn't have time to see us while you were here. I would have loved to meet Avey. Next time, okay!!! Happy 5 years to you two!
Thank you for sharing so much joy, life, and activity. Thank you for sharing your children, letting us play, hold, and love them. We love you guys. You make our lives more meaningful. We also experienced the withdrawls. I wept on my way home from the airport. My prayers went to heaven for a good flight home. My heart rejoiced in the memories. Your blog brought back the joy. Mom loved the pictures. Thank you.
Anna said…
So sad we couldn't fit in breakfast (totally my fault!) to see you a second time. Here's hoping that you can come back sooner than you think---or that Joe and I can scrape some money together and come see you after the baby is born. We miss you lots, seriously.
haley said…
Thanks for fitting us into your very busy trip. It was so great to see you all. I told Todd after you left, "I miss them!"
So glad you posted. what a fun trip. We had such a blast with Eric's pizza.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....