Skip to main content

5 year anniversary

Well, we made it. Our five year anniversary! And of course we had just gotten back from our crazy Utah trip, so I was planning to have our anniversary celebration a few days later after life had calmed down a little - but Eric wanted to have it on our special day- so we did! Bless the Hollands for taking Jack and Avey at the last minute, and the Hakes for Eric's birthday present of a gift card to the Olive Garden.

Still looking good after five years!


The guy who seated us was named Josh- now if our server's name was only Jessica...

My food was seriously to die for- it was actually something they won't have on their menu for much longer, called four cheese pansotti chicken- pyramid shaped stuffed ravioli with chicken. I really hope Eric can recreate it for me sometime.

Eric, drinking down his lemon water.

Cheesy five year ring picture over our food. (I thought Eric had deleted this picture because he thought it was too cheesy, I'm happy he didn't. I like cheesiness!)

Another better shot of our delicious food.

It actually was so great to have just us going out. Seeing everyone for the past two weeks means we haven't had very much alone time. I really enjoyed it. And I was reminded as I am often why I married this crazy, but fun and amazing guy.

And to celebrate that it's our fifth year anniversary-
I'm going to post my five favorite things I LOVE about Eric (in no particular order)

1. He is an awesome dad. Seriously between getting up with Jack when he cries in the night, and playing with him during the day, changing loads of diapers and cuddling Avey, I couldn't ask for a better guy to help raise my cute kiddos.
2. He is an amazing gourmet cook. He doesn't even use recipes, and his food turns our incredible ALL the time.
3. He helps me laugh and have fun.
4. He's one of my favorite people to talk to.
5. He loves people so much. Seriously. Charity is definitely one of his gifts.

I love you Eric! And from our stake conference today- one of my favorite people- Pres. Forsberg talked about marriage- and he told the story of the silverware, and reminded me- if you want something to last- you treat it differently, and it becomes special because you made it so.

I hope I can get better at this over the next five, ten, twenty and the rest of eternity living with you darling!

Comments

Mandi said…
Congratulations on 5 happy years together! Although, if you want to make it 5 more, you better bone up on your Taboo skills. :)
Congratulations and happy anniversary! I'm glad you got to go on a "real date".
We're so glad you had a good date on your anniversary. We're also glad that you see so many of the same things we see in Eric. He is amazing. So, are you. We celebrate the day you two accepted one another for all eternity. Five down an eternity to go. It just keeps getting better.
Anna said…
5 years! Congrats. Glad you had a solo date together, so important.
Anonymous said…
Aw! Congrats! I remember when you came over to my parents house and told me about meeting Eric and how excited you were. You are a cute couple.
Shawn Brady said…
Congrats you two! Best wishes on the many more to come!!!
haley said…
Congratulations on 5 years. I'm so glad you got to go out and celebrate...without your cute kiddos, I'm sure they were still cute when you got back too!
Criscell said…
Happy Anniversary you two!! CONGRATS!
CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said…
Im glad you guys got a night out without the kids! and Im glad you used the gift card! we love you guys. HAPPY 5 YEAR ANN!

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....