Skip to main content

Pell Farm activities!

Today is Columbus day as many of you probably are aware of, but don't count as a holiday if you live in the West. Well here in the East, people get off school and work and everything! Our friend Mary Chelli invited us to go to a working farm by her house that had a pumpkin patch, hay ride, miniature zoo, corn maze and hay maze to celebrate today. Since Eric didn't have class he got to come with us as well. It was absolutely delightful. Jack's favorite part of course was the animals. But he also really like climbing up this random hill of wood chips. Thanks Mary for taking us, it was so fun!

Wood chip hill fun.



And down the hill. "Mom wouldn't let me roll down it, darn it all." says Jack

The Hay Maze fun starts!

Mary playing peekaboo

Fun photo op before the guard let us know we were breaking the no climbing on the hay rule. Whoops, at least we were able to get this before we took him off.


And Farmer Eric. Maybe that can be his new profession.

Jack-O lantern!

The nice lady let us just sit on the horse for free, since he was too young to ride around on it.


The cute piglets sleeping.


Dad- please let me have the camera! I can do a much better job than you!


Oh Mary, what is this?! Thank you for the hay.

What a cute little piglet and HUGE momma pig.

Fitting right in the pumpkin patch.

Official picture taking place.


And Jack's new Diego toddler bed. We got it at a yard sale Saturday for $10. Hooray! Jack thinks it's his new climbing on, jumping on, dancing on toy- but hopefully in the next few weeks it will become his new sleeping area.




Comments

So fun! I love the Farmer Eric pictures. Yeah the only thing closed today was our bank - they always get good holidays.
Nikki said…
jack-o-lantern, that's hilarious! I never even thought of that. It looks like tons of fun. Sure miss you guys!
*Aliese* said…
Pretty sure you find the best yard sale deals EVER. And every time I see/hear about a hay bale maze, I think of Gilmore Girls (not sure if you're familiar with the show). I've always wanted to go to one.
Pell Farms! That's where we used to go to pick strawberries! Do you remember, Brooke? Looks like you had a great time! And thanks to Mary for charming yet another generation of Barrus kids!
Unknown said…
So, Such great pictures! Especially the farmer Eric one! LOL. I had to tell you that every time Caleb sees a picture of Jack on your blog he says, "Ta-ub" (Caleb)--He thinks it's him! He gets pretty mad and refuses to believe us when we try to tell him it's Jack! It must be the red hair. :)

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....