Skip to main content

New York #2


Toys R Us



Huge Ferris Wheel of Toys that you can ride on.

Jack was very afraid of this dinosaur. It made lots of noise and moved around. Very lifelike.

Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building built entirely of LEGOS!

Superman doing his thing.

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Pretty much an amazing place!
You could spend days there and not see all that this museum could have to offer.

There were tons of people there, but it didn't feel like it because it was so big!


The infamous sign that made us get $115 parking ticket. Seriously? Who gives out $115 PARKING tickets anyway? We are fighting it as the sign said no standing- and that usually refers to people not vehicles and two feet away there's another sign that says no parking with the arrow pointed the other way. It was an honest mistake, and we hope they will be understanding.

And a random picture of staying at Derek and Jamie's apartment in upper Manhattan. ( They were SO hospitable and let us eat and stay with them Thursday night- and were the ones that recommended the Metropolitan Museum of Art to us. Jamie is due for her baby to be born TODAY! I haven't heard anything- but wish them both luck on their new baby girl!

And Eric getting in the picture.

Lunch at
The service was INCREDIBLE! They really went all out to make Jack comfortable and happy. The food was also amazing. I don't think I have ever had AUTHENTIC italian pizza that I have liked so much. We also met up with Becky. An old school friend of Eric's that's attending Cambridge. She's so fun to be around- thanks for the lunch!


A light up ghost the server gave us to entertain Jack.

Central Park

A delightful picture of Josh.

This park was AMAZING and HUGE! It is crazy to see the city skyline filled with buildings, and then a mini lake and running path hidden inside it. And not only that, but huge soccer fields, recreation complexes, and big playgrounds for kids to play in. Awesome!

Cool park...

Cute family.

And another area of the park by another pond. This one had ducks!

After Central Park we headed back to our apartment. It again was an adventure finding the right roads to get on, but we finally made it back- and ended up watching Race to Witch Mountain that night. The next day we went to church and then after that up to Skinner Mountain which was very cool.

Skinner Mountain

My favorite part is it says elevation 942 feet. As if that's high! It is funny how to us in Utah lakes are much smaller than they are here. (All the rivers are bigger than our lakes in Utah I think.) But our mountains are WAY bigger- their "mountains" are more like hills.

In the rain- overlooking the summit.

Lovely overlook again.

And another picture of all of us, with my skirt flying up the wind!



The museum at the top of Skinner mountain. Not open at the time, but kind of cool nonetheless.

And then the Hakes went home the the next morning at 4:30 AM! That's super early! But it was SOOO fun! And we're so glad they could come and hang out with us and we could also see New York with them. Thanks again! And as we said before- any visitors are ALWAYS welcome at our house.

Comments

*Aliese* said…
So fun! I love new York. I totally miss living back east; so different and wonderful. And I must say-your face is priceless in the photo where your skirt decided to rise a bit. I grinned.
Maxmomma said…
I totally agree with you about the parking ticket- I thought they were talking about pedestrians standing. I hope it goes well!

I love the shot of the three of you on that old timber park bench- it is beautiful!
Ahhh. Skinner Mountain. That is the place that helped me get over my "claustrophobia" caused by all the trees in Massachusetts. So fun!
Anonymous said…
New York is a very cool place--and the Metropolitan Museum--wow. YOu could practically live there and not see everything there! Glad you are getting to see all that stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

"Hello new world," says Avey.

Well well here we are. A long road of pregnancy, a long way from home, and a VERY short labor everything came out perfectly (pardon the pun). At 12:01 a.m. on December 8, 2009 Avey _____* Stevenson was born. She weighs 9 pounds, 2.2 Ounces and measures 21 cm in length. She has red hair (arguably strawberry blond), dark blue eyes, chubby cheeks, and a fabulously pleasant disposition. *We are still torn about the middle name. The competing middle names are JoAnna, Kristine, or Anne. This was a miracle in timing. I guess that means that Avey will be a punctual person throughout her life. Brooke called me (Eric) on the way home from picking up Sharon (Brooke's mom) from the airport stating contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We hadn't even gotten to our house when she called with "the voice" that told us to hurry up 'cause the baby is coming. That was a little after 10:30. We rushed her to the hospital down the road, I dropped Jack off at the neighbors house, an...

News Flash!

This is an 11 week ultrasound, and looks close to what my ultrasound looked like, I just can't find where my original went. Oh well, so is the sad life of a second child. Yes! It is true! I am 11 weeks pregnant! I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant today, but when my doctor measured the size of the baby it was a week smaller than 12 weeks, even when he did it twice. So rather than my due date being December 1st, it has gotten pushed back to December 8th. I get to be 11 weeks along for two weeks! Awesome! It's really not that bad, and I normally wouldn't wouldn't tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, but the doctor found a heartbeat, and says everything looks healthy and good to go, so I don't want to wait to tell people anymore! (Besides I "technically" waited until I was 12 weeks. :) For those that are dying to know I have definitely felt better than I did with Jack. I haven't taken any medicine to help with the nausea- and that could be ...

Another Grocery Craze!

After going to Albertsons this morning (6:15 AM- don't you worry, long story) and bringing in all the groceries from the car, Eric requested that I take pictures of everything and the receipts. So per request of him, this post is here. Here's all the stuff with Jack in the middle (Well almost all of it, Eric took a bunch of it to work today before I took this picture.) Don't worry, Jack wasn't part of the groceries I bought. All-in-all I got: 17 boxes of cereal 4 bottles of Pantene Pro-V 3 packages of Pampers Diapers 2 Fiber One Pancake Mixes 3 Bisquick mixes 1 Toaster Streudel (I loved those in middle school after going to the temple and having breakfast with friends) 2 Dawn dish washing liquids (28 oz each) 2 things of Tide (64 loads each) 3 BC pre-made frosting 2 Fiber One Toaster Pastries 8 Pack of Bounty Giant Paper Towels 2 boxes of Gushers 2 boxes Gogurt 2 packages butter 1 Malt O meal cereal 1 32 oz block of cheese Total without coupons: $233....