I haven't posted anything here for awhile because out lives have been officially up in the air for weeks now and I wanted to put something on here when we officially had something set in stone as to what we were going to do with life. Eric lost his job a few weeks ago. Don't worry we're doing great. Not only because we have savings, a food storage and no debt (besides our house), we were looking for other options for his current job situation before the lay off. We were looking at masters programs in Industrial Organizational Behavior Psychology, and had found a great program that would possibly accept him this fall, even without a GRE, and pretty much up until school started. We kind of made the decision though that we would continue working at his current job even if he got accepted for the fall, defer until the Spring so I could have my baby here on insurance, with my current doctor and my mom and other family and friends around to help, and then go around January. However we were also wanted to make the right decision, so after we made that decision, Eric got laid off, and waiting no longer was an option. So we feel good that that wasn't the right decision. We are still waiting on one last letter of recomendation that should come in the mail today, and then we're mailing in his application, so we still might not know for a few weeks about getting accepted to school. Don't worry school starts September 8th. We have plenty of time. If he doesn't get into school, I'm sure we'll learn what we're supposed to do. We're currently in the process of renting out our house, and if it does rent and we don't go to school, even better, we can save money while Eric is out of a job.
I just wanted everyone to know what was going on, and if you or someone you know wants to rent a cute 2 bedroom furnished house in Provo with a storage shed and garden and yard that's close to BYU- just contact us- we would be thrilled to sign you up for a one year lease. Here's the craigslist link to it.
Life is great though really. And throughout all this I really feel a peaceful confidence that everything will work out for the best, even the whole insurance ending this month and having a baby in December possibly without my mom thing. :) (My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for 25 years for those of you that don't know. She really helped me a lot during my last labor, and I would be so sad to not have her there again, but I know it will still probably work out.) And here's a cute picture of Jack, just so you can have one.
I just wanted everyone to know what was going on, and if you or someone you know wants to rent a cute 2 bedroom furnished house in Provo with a storage shed and garden and yard that's close to BYU- just contact us- we would be thrilled to sign you up for a one year lease. Here's the craigslist link to it.
Life is great though really. And throughout all this I really feel a peaceful confidence that everything will work out for the best, even the whole insurance ending this month and having a baby in December possibly without my mom thing. :) (My mom was a labor and delivery nurse for 25 years for those of you that don't know. She really helped me a lot during my last labor, and I would be so sad to not have her there again, but I know it will still probably work out.) And here's a cute picture of Jack, just so you can have one.
Comments
We love you guys- you are right that things will work out. "All things work together for the good of them who love God, who are called according to His purposes."
Please keep us posted on the school news and everything else.
We love you! Let us know if we can do ANYTHING.
As for insurance--there is so much government help available out there--let me know if you want more info about that--while it may not be the easiest thing to actually need that assistance, it sure is helpful when you're trying to do the right thing for your family.
I hope you take Jessie up her offer to help you navigate government help on insurance---hello, that's why we pay taxes, to help people who get stuck in a situation like yours.
I hope everything works out with school. Keep us posted. I'm sure everything will work out.