As for current ability updates- Jack has learned how to scream. Isn't that awesome? I think he understands a lot more than he used to, but can't communicate back to us what he wants- such as I'm not feeding him fast enough or I won't let him do something he really wants to do- such as eat dirt, fall head first down stairs or eat dishwasher detergent- he gets upset- and since he doesn't say any real words yet- he just screams. What a joy that makes church, the store and really any other public place we might be in. But other than that- he is happy and healthy and LOVES being around other people, especially ones closer to his size. He really does make us laugh so much, and his kisses are getting closer to not having teeth trying to bite down on our cheeks- so we're hopeful he'll get there eventually. We keep trying to let him know his girlfriends won't really appreciate his teeth in a kiss on the cheek- but we don't know if he quite understands the gravity of this yet. Unless he's a vampire- then I'm sure the girls will love this aspect of a kiss, and he'll have to start learning how to give kisses on the throat. :)
He can say mom and dad and sometimes knows what they mean- and when he really likes something like food or a person he starts clapping his hands and smiling. I especially loves when he claps his hands while standing by himself. It's really cute- he sometimes doesn't quite stay up and falls, but it's darling. He loves it when daddy comes home, and balls are amazing to him. He can't get enough of daddy or balls.
His new schedule is FANTASTIC! He wakes up between 6:30-7 and drinks a bottle. (My favorite mornings are those when he wakes up at 7- once every three or four days. But Eric is a trooper to get his bottle for him every other day.) He plays for awhile, eats breakfast and goes down for a nap around 8 or 8:30. He sleeps for 2 hours. Then he wakes up, eats a small snack, plays more and has lunch with milk in a sippy cup around 12. At 1 he goes down for his second nap and sleeps until 3 or 3:30. Then he has another snack we play some more dad comes home and we have dinner about 5:30. We play with dad and then he drinks another bottle at 7:30 and he goes down for bedtime at 8- and sleeps until the next morning. The best part is he can sleep through most noise at night now too- so if we have friends over after 8- he sleeps right through them. I love schedules. I love knowing when I can plan things, and that I can count on certain times to clean my house or work on my deal blog. And since he's a little alarm clock, I know I have to get to bed in time to wake up at 6:30 or 7- Eric and I haven't set a real alarm clock for about two months now, because he's really as predictable as any timing device.
I know you all are thrilled to know Jack's entire schedule, but really I am so GRATEFUL to have one. A few weeks ago as we were trying to figure out solid foods, snacks, and milk feedings in it all he was eating every hour or so it seemed, and I was going CRAZY! Because I didn't know when he was upset if it was because he was hungry, tired, hurt, sick or annoyed. But now I know when it's not his snack time, he's not hungry- and since he's had his nap and slept through the night- he's probably not tired and he's just hurt, annoyed or sick. Much easier to narrow it down why he's upset from those choices.
We are loving this weather and our awesome library that puts on great childrens shows and programs. I also want you to know I have watered my garden EVERY DAY for the past three weeks. That's an incredible feat for me, and I was going to work in the yard all day Saturday- but got a weird flu thing instead and was in bed or on the couch for most of the day. Eric was awesome and cut some wood outside, sprayed our side weeds, and was Mr. Everything on Saturday- getting me food, watching Jack and cleaning the house as well. He was exhausted on Sunday- but I was so grateful he could do that for me so I could rest and get better way more quickly. Once our weeds die down in about two weeks we're going to have a massive hauling everything away from the side of our house party- anyone who wants to join us is invited and we are still trying to decide what to do with the remaining space. Cement is WAY too expensive, but we want something that will look good without spending too much money. (Easily under $500- any ideas? If you do give us an idea we haven't thought of yet, and that we end up using- we'll give you a prize. Maybe a gourmet hot dog party at our house? Or something equally cool. We have thought of regular gravel and a different type of gravel and grass with strips of cobblestone or something for the car to drive on, but do you have any other ideas? We're not really loving those. Of if you know how we can get the whole side of our house cemented for under $1000 that would rock.)
We're also trying to make our two garden boxes in the front the same size, but are having a hard time finding dirt anywhere. Does anyone have some dirt they want us to haul off for them?
As this has turned into a massive post and it was meant to just be a lovely video post I will end it now, but I have some fun pictures we took of visiting Eric's brother and sister in law this weekend that I will post in the next week or so.
Comments
Can't believe how fast he is growing!
I'm SHOCKED you don't recall 5th grade with Mrs. Colledge! You of all people should remember.
I guess, in a way, it's good because if you recall-we were in "Melodrama at Mayfair Meadows" together and whilst being bound to the train tracks, I fractured your wrist! Not to mention all the great times on the way to school in your dad's Flintstone car... :)
For 6th grade, I went to Riverside so I would know people in middle school. I was only at Westland for 4th and 5th.