Eric's grandma's favorite holiday is April Fools day. You can tell where he gets his sense of humor. Anyway, he didn't pull any tricks on me, but I made a fun little April Fools dinner.
"Jello" drinks, a spaghetti torte, (it was supposed to look like a cake, but didn't really. It tasted delicious though, as you can see in all of the Jack pictures he couldn't get enough of it.) "chips" made out of pita bread and guacamole made out of peas! It was actually a delicious dinner, and I want to repeat it sometime even without it being April Fools Day. You really have to try out some of these recipes, especially the pea guacamole. You really won't be able to tell it's made out of peas, and you'll probably eat almost the whole thing yourself before you can share it with anyone- it's that good!
The April Fools Recipes:
Peamockamole recipe (I didn't add the red pepper flakes and it still tasted great!)
Spaghetti Torte (I didn't have a springform pan so I used a regular cake pan and put foil in it, and sprayed it with Pam. It worked great!)
Jello drinks (make jello and chill it in the cups you want to serve it in)
Pita chips- cut up pitas into triangles, brush olive oil on top and bottom, sprinkle with garlic salt and any other seasoning you want your chips to taste like.
Comments