I have been posting so much on my deals blog lately that it's hard to find time to post here too. But here is my usual pack in as much info as I can into one post to update you on the Stevensons.
Jack's now eating lots of normal foods, such as spaghetti noodles, it makes every meal time an adventure.
A week ago we traveled up to Idaho state and spent a little time with my brother, sister-in-law and little nephew. It was my nephew's and sister-in-law's birthday, and we hadn't seen them since Christmas, so we decided a trip was in store. We traveled with my sisters Amy and Becca, and would have had my little brother Seth there too, but the West Jordan basketball team made it to the state championship- and so being on the Sophomore team he had to stay home and support his Varsity team in that. (They won the state championship by the way, a very good game from what I heard- and WJ was totally not slated to win- go underdogs!) We had such an awesome car ride up, I love my sisters Amy and Becca, and obviously with my husband- there was not one dull moment of conversation the whole 4 hours. Jack also slept most of the way, which made it even more ideal.
Once in Idaho Falls (or as my husband hates it to be referenced to IF) we ate some delicious chinese food and snacks galore. We played the Wii and watched a movie- although I was reading an awesome book "The Parenting Breakthough" by Merilee Boyack, and couldn't put it down so I did that. (Separate post about that FANTASTIC book later. You all really have to go to your library and check out your own copy.) The next day most of the group went to the movie Bolt, and I went with Mandi up to Rexburg for her Opera Scenes dress rehearsal to watch the kids and see her sing a little. (By the by, just because a movie is PG or G does not mean I want to see it. Another post about that later.) That's where these pictures ensued when we were at the Snow building for a little longer than expected. (Although the new wing of the Snow building is beautiful.)



Then we had some yummy Thai food, and went to Mandi's parents house for the birthday party. Scott loved his birthday cake, and Mandi's mom does something cool where she puts lose change (that's she's washed) into the cake- and so you find it as you eat your piece of cake. I didn't get any money- but I think Eric got 15 cents- Wahoo! Opening presents was fun, and then we went back to Mandi and Brandon's to watch Flash of Genius (take out the swearing and it's a very clean movie, although I didn't like one aspect of the movie that after you see it we can discuss since I don't want to ruin the whole movie. That aspect doesn't make it less clean however.)
We went to church Sunday and then drove back to Utah after a sour cream/cream soup chicken and rice dinner. It was really such a fun weekend, and thanks again for all that were involved!
Next up, the 5 Browns. The 5 Browns are these amazing pianists that all were at Julliard at the same time studying the piano. That in and of itself is a feat! They all got masters degrees from there, and now go around performing on 5 pianos at once all across America. It's like a piano symphony! It was pretty amazing, they played Danse Macabre, Beethoven's 5th, symphonies from Rachmaninoff and lots of other things. They were so fun, and Eric and I had a great time. Wendy and Juan- thanks for watching Jack!




Jack also got his first official ear infection this past week. :( Starting Tuesday he was up in the night, and acting like he was in pain. We didn't know if it was teething pain again (although he got 4 teeth in one week two weeks ago.) or if he actually had an ear infection. Finally after a meltdown- (which he never has) on Thursday morning and not taking a nap again, I had my mom look at his ear, and tell me it looked infected and I should take him in. I went to the doctor the next day where it was verified he had an infection in his right ear. Regular Amoxicillyn and Tylonel 3 days later and he's a new boy! Thank goodness for modern medicine.
Tuesday morning of last week my tire blew out on the freeway. First off, no one was hurt, that was a great blessing. Second, I had left my cell phone at home that morning, had just dropped Eric off at work, and passed three accidents on my way from Springville to Provo. All the policemen that would have stopped to help me were helping those in the accidents, so I thought "no one will be able to help me, I can't get ahold of Eric and I'm still a way from the overpass." Before I could even take 30 seconds to say a prayer, a college student stopped off in shorts and a sweatshirt to see if he could help me. I gratefully accepted his offer, and said a quick prayer of thanks for my answered unspoken prayer for help. We tried to get the jack to work, but found it is missing a part, which made it very difficult to use, but of course someone else showed up and asked if we needed help. He volunteers for search and rescue, and had the back of his truck filled with things to help us. He had a hammer that I didn't know I needed because sometimes the bolts get frozen to the wheel. He had extra gloves and windbreakers to lay on the ground so we didn't have to get too dirty. They helped me put on my spare tire, and then asked if I needed anything else. They truly were angels to me. The wind was especially bitter that Tuesday morning, and they stuck with it helping me until it was safe to drive.
Here's what I learned. Sometimes Heavenly Father answers prayers before we even have time to ask them! I also learned we need to put a hammer in our trunk, and a few more emergency supplies, like a big warm blanket- so if we ever do get caught in a snowstorm or somewhere there aren't any people around, we can be ok. It was freezing, and we weren't there very long, but especially in the middle of nowhere that can be dangerous and scary to be without heat for longer than an hour. I also need water, and some food in the car, and I need to learn how to change my tire using the jack in my car, so I can do it by myself if this happens again, and there aren't any "angels" around to help me. Eric has always been around to change the tire for me in the past, but I need to learn to be more independent in this area and be able to do it by myself. I feel very happy we were safe, protected and helped so much, and I can only be super grateful for my experience.
O.k. last little thing. Jack laughing. It is the cutest thing ever, and we caught it on video for you guys. The Castillos were over last night and Eric and Brother Castillo were throwing a football back and forth and Jack thought it was the funniest thing ever! Enjoy, I know I'll watch it a few more times.
A week ago we traveled up to Idaho state and spent a little time with my brother, sister-in-law and little nephew. It was my nephew's and sister-in-law's birthday, and we hadn't seen them since Christmas, so we decided a trip was in store. We traveled with my sisters Amy and Becca, and would have had my little brother Seth there too, but the West Jordan basketball team made it to the state championship- and so being on the Sophomore team he had to stay home and support his Varsity team in that. (They won the state championship by the way, a very good game from what I heard- and WJ was totally not slated to win- go underdogs!) We had such an awesome car ride up, I love my sisters Amy and Becca, and obviously with my husband- there was not one dull moment of conversation the whole 4 hours. Jack also slept most of the way, which made it even more ideal.
Once in Idaho Falls (or as my husband hates it to be referenced to IF) we ate some delicious chinese food and snacks galore. We played the Wii and watched a movie- although I was reading an awesome book "The Parenting Breakthough" by Merilee Boyack, and couldn't put it down so I did that. (Separate post about that FANTASTIC book later. You all really have to go to your library and check out your own copy.) The next day most of the group went to the movie Bolt, and I went with Mandi up to Rexburg for her Opera Scenes dress rehearsal to watch the kids and see her sing a little. (By the by, just because a movie is PG or G does not mean I want to see it. Another post about that later.) That's where these pictures ensued when we were at the Snow building for a little longer than expected. (Although the new wing of the Snow building is beautiful.)
Then we had some yummy Thai food, and went to Mandi's parents house for the birthday party. Scott loved his birthday cake, and Mandi's mom does something cool where she puts lose change (that's she's washed) into the cake- and so you find it as you eat your piece of cake. I didn't get any money- but I think Eric got 15 cents- Wahoo! Opening presents was fun, and then we went back to Mandi and Brandon's to watch Flash of Genius (take out the swearing and it's a very clean movie, although I didn't like one aspect of the movie that after you see it we can discuss since I don't want to ruin the whole movie. That aspect doesn't make it less clean however.)
We went to church Sunday and then drove back to Utah after a sour cream/cream soup chicken and rice dinner. It was really such a fun weekend, and thanks again for all that were involved!
Next up, the 5 Browns. The 5 Browns are these amazing pianists that all were at Julliard at the same time studying the piano. That in and of itself is a feat! They all got masters degrees from there, and now go around performing on 5 pianos at once all across America. It's like a piano symphony! It was pretty amazing, they played Danse Macabre, Beethoven's 5th, symphonies from Rachmaninoff and lots of other things. They were so fun, and Eric and I had a great time. Wendy and Juan- thanks for watching Jack!
Eric taking a nap before the performance
Jack also got his first official ear infection this past week. :( Starting Tuesday he was up in the night, and acting like he was in pain. We didn't know if it was teething pain again (although he got 4 teeth in one week two weeks ago.) or if he actually had an ear infection. Finally after a meltdown- (which he never has) on Thursday morning and not taking a nap again, I had my mom look at his ear, and tell me it looked infected and I should take him in. I went to the doctor the next day where it was verified he had an infection in his right ear. Regular Amoxicillyn and Tylonel 3 days later and he's a new boy! Thank goodness for modern medicine.
Tuesday morning of last week my tire blew out on the freeway. First off, no one was hurt, that was a great blessing. Second, I had left my cell phone at home that morning, had just dropped Eric off at work, and passed three accidents on my way from Springville to Provo. All the policemen that would have stopped to help me were helping those in the accidents, so I thought "no one will be able to help me, I can't get ahold of Eric and I'm still a way from the overpass." Before I could even take 30 seconds to say a prayer, a college student stopped off in shorts and a sweatshirt to see if he could help me. I gratefully accepted his offer, and said a quick prayer of thanks for my answered unspoken prayer for help. We tried to get the jack to work, but found it is missing a part, which made it very difficult to use, but of course someone else showed up and asked if we needed help. He volunteers for search and rescue, and had the back of his truck filled with things to help us. He had a hammer that I didn't know I needed because sometimes the bolts get frozen to the wheel. He had extra gloves and windbreakers to lay on the ground so we didn't have to get too dirty. They helped me put on my spare tire, and then asked if I needed anything else. They truly were angels to me. The wind was especially bitter that Tuesday morning, and they stuck with it helping me until it was safe to drive.
Here's what I learned. Sometimes Heavenly Father answers prayers before we even have time to ask them! I also learned we need to put a hammer in our trunk, and a few more emergency supplies, like a big warm blanket- so if we ever do get caught in a snowstorm or somewhere there aren't any people around, we can be ok. It was freezing, and we weren't there very long, but especially in the middle of nowhere that can be dangerous and scary to be without heat for longer than an hour. I also need water, and some food in the car, and I need to learn how to change my tire using the jack in my car, so I can do it by myself if this happens again, and there aren't any "angels" around to help me. Eric has always been around to change the tire for me in the past, but I need to learn to be more independent in this area and be able to do it by myself. I feel very happy we were safe, protected and helped so much, and I can only be super grateful for my experience.
O.k. last little thing. Jack laughing. It is the cutest thing ever, and we caught it on video for you guys. The Castillos were over last night and Eric and Brother Castillo were throwing a football back and forth and Jack thought it was the funniest thing ever! Enjoy, I know I'll watch it a few more times.
Comments