Wow, so this really is like my real journal. I'm writing about 5 completely different things at once. I love my mom life. Warning- this post contains tons of pictures (because of the new camera). I don't know what this could cause, but let's be honest we have taken 137 pictures and we have had the camera for 5 days now. I'm narrowing down the pictures posted here considerably. And Eric, he's pretty much in love. You'll see in some of his more "artistic" pictures later. And who knew a camera could tell me that my subject is too dark and put a light on the subject automatically. Or just know what to zero in on to make crisp and clear and what could be left a little more blurry in the background to create the perfect picture. It's not about the photographer- it's all about their camera! Just kidding about that last part, but really I do have to say I as well am loving my new camera.
Jack started smiling at us! He has been doing half smiles for the past few weeks, but just last week he started full on smiles- and I think I'm in heaven. Especially when he smiles and coos at the same time- I didn't think my heart could be so happy. Here's a picture of grandma Sharon getting him to smile at the cabin. He was smiling like crazy up there for his Aunt Mandi and grandma.
Isn't his outfit so cute too. I love babies in overalls.
Hair cut. O.k. so I chopped off my hair. You knew that from the last blog. I have a harder time styling short hair as opposed to long hair thereby leading to more insecurities for me about it. And whenever you get a hair cut everyone always says it looks good even if it looks bad, just because they are commenting on that it changed. I am guilty of this at times with others to be honest, which is why I never believe people when they tell me they like it. Wow, that's a lot to admit to the whole world. But anyway there will be a picture of me with my short hair later.
We also went up to the mountains on Saturday with our good friends the Harmons. Really fun. A little lunch, with a hike, and playing in some water. We're so sad they are not in Lindon anymore so we don't see them even a quarter as much as we used to, but it's good to know we can always pick right back up from where we left off.
Glen contemplating the deeper things of life
Kristin and Max posing with their lunches
And their darling Jonas sideways because I didn't want to take the time to figure out how to get him right side up right now. :)
Cabin and 4th times the charm this month.
My brother Brandon was off from work and school for awhile, and decided he wanted to go to the cabin for a few days while vacationing. We were invited to party with him and accepted. It was great. Here are some pictures from the big event. (This is where we're going wild with the pictures.)
Seth, what more can I say?
Playing pit, and keeping the shutter open for 5 seconds or something.
Playing scum with me as king the whole time I would like to humbly state. My mom was a little jealous though, her fingers are making her own fake crown so she doesn't feel left out.
Cute sister in law Mandi and nephew Scott.


Norway anyone? So Mandi and I were going through a box of clothes my mom had left us, and found these amazing outfits that also amazingly fit both our boys at their exact sizes. We thought why not? We hope there's a cool story behind them like someone got converted through them or something, mom can you help us out? Yes our boys are going to love us when they grow up and start dating.
And another toy and outfits Grandma Sharon gave us. Scott was showing Jack how the toy worked. It was so cute, Jack loved it!



Gorgeous, like from a postcard or something. These are Eric's artistic pictures of the stream.
No one should write such blazingly long posts. And no one should have to read them. If you're still reading this go put a star on your forehead or something. But really I'm loving life right now. Tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth out and I'm even excited for that adventure. Until next time...
Jack started smiling at us! He has been doing half smiles for the past few weeks, but just last week he started full on smiles- and I think I'm in heaven. Especially when he smiles and coos at the same time- I didn't think my heart could be so happy. Here's a picture of grandma Sharon getting him to smile at the cabin. He was smiling like crazy up there for his Aunt Mandi and grandma.
Hair cut. O.k. so I chopped off my hair. You knew that from the last blog. I have a harder time styling short hair as opposed to long hair thereby leading to more insecurities for me about it. And whenever you get a hair cut everyone always says it looks good even if it looks bad, just because they are commenting on that it changed. I am guilty of this at times with others to be honest, which is why I never believe people when they tell me they like it. Wow, that's a lot to admit to the whole world. But anyway there will be a picture of me with my short hair later.
We also went up to the mountains on Saturday with our good friends the Harmons. Really fun. A little lunch, with a hike, and playing in some water. We're so sad they are not in Lindon anymore so we don't see them even a quarter as much as we used to, but it's good to know we can always pick right back up from where we left off.
My brother Brandon was off from work and school for awhile, and decided he wanted to go to the cabin for a few days while vacationing. We were invited to party with him and accepted. It was great. Here are some pictures from the big event. (This is where we're going wild with the pictures.)
Gorgeous, like from a postcard or something. These are Eric's artistic pictures of the stream.
No one should write such blazingly long posts. And no one should have to read them. If you're still reading this go put a star on your forehead or something. But really I'm loving life right now. Tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth out and I'm even excited for that adventure. Until next time...
Comments
Haircut: Can't wait to actually see the pictures; I like shorter hairstyles. You're right though, totally easier to manage when it's long.
Wisdom Teeth: No fun! I did that Junior Year of High School and I was definitely miserable for a couple days.
Oh dear, wisdom teeth. I had mine out last year and wanted somebody to knock me out for a week. I was beyond miserable. I hope your experience is better than mine.
By the way, I have a blanket for your little Jack. Let me know when you're in WJ, so I can bring it by. Thanks!
we miss you both.
and i love your honesty!
How are you related to Mandi? She's so awesome! Tell her hi for me! Great pictures by the way. What a nice camera!
I have really long hair right now and have a desire to get it cut. Not too short though. Will you tell me it looks good when I post pictures? Thanks!
I remember getting my wisdom teeth out the day before the first day of school our senior year. Of course I had to come to school so everyone could tell me how cute my cheeks were. Mike still needs his wisdom teeth out and he'll be 30 in November...
I love all your pictures. I agree the camera really can make you look like a pro. Those stream pictures are amazing!